Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ben_in_Maine
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've cleaned the charge cable and battery contacts, but my Arlo Ultra (original, not 2) just sits there quick flashing its blue LED with pauses and sometimes with a flicker of amber at the end the blue flashing period. Meanwhile, the Arlo Secure iPad app and Windows app always show it as offline. 

Has the battery failed, or the charging cable, or something else? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

(I have four older Pro 2 cams all working fine, plus an Outdoor Essential, but not another other Ultra... so can't switch out cable or battery.)

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the camera still in your account?

Have you tried removing it from your account, resetting the camera, and then adding the camera back?

Ben_in_Maine
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, Stephen, but that did not work. In fact, now I can't add the Ultra back to my Smart Hub, even with the sync button.

But I did measure the battery voltage at nearly zero, though I can see 5v on the internal case contacts with the charge cable in place. Could a dead and unchargable battery be causing all the issues?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ben_in_Maine wrote:

Could a dead and unchargable battery be causing all the issues?

Do you have another Ultra?  If you do, you could swap the batteries.

Ben_in_Maine
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, but I don't have another Ultra

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, Support (Center) to select your camera. That will give you options to talk to official support for a possible RMA.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation