Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jdelvalle1
Guide
Guide
So I purchased the ultra four camera set. I have had them for a little over a week and the more I read into the feature the more money I feel like I will have to give arlo. 4k cameras that I need to pay to use the 4k features? Really? I’m not sure if I should just return them and get the Pro 2 or maybe just something else. I am hoping that there would be a firmware update that will make these cameras as advertised but after reading the reviews I’m not holding my breath. So what would be the benefits of me keeping these over returning for the Pro2. Also do any of these have a constant video recording? I would like that over just when motion is detected. Pros and cons would be helpful.
1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The Ultra will do CVR just like the Pro 2 will do CVR. That's a subscription upgrade.
As much as we might beg Arlo to reconsider their charging for 4K recording, I wouldn't hold my breath. This charge is on top of the requirement for an Arlo Smart Premier subscription so make sure if you keep the Ultra cameras that you know that you'll start having costs for cloud storage, even 1080, after 1 year (because you get the 1st year free).
The benefits the Ultra system gives you is the option for 4K (at a cost), auto zoom and tracking (which doesn't seem to be working well currently), 4K local streaming to mobile devices, sirens in the cameras themselves rather than the base, the Ultra SmartHub which should later integrate with other home security devices, a spotlight in the camera itself so sometimes you'll have color video at night depending on the conditions.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation