Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ChrissyN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased new two Ultra 4K cameras and the smart hub back in mid January, but I am just now getting around to purchasing the elite multi camera subscription. I go to the website (not the app), but it will not let me continue after I click on subscribe now.  How do I get a subscription? Do I need to reinstall everything? I seem to remember an option to purchase a plan at the time of installation but I declined.  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
ChrissyN
Aspirant
Aspirant

We just spent a lot on two Ultra cameras and a smart hub.  Having trouble trying to purchase a cloud storage plan.  Are cloud storage plans available in the US Virgin Islands, or have I just wasted a ton of money??

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ChrissyN

Are you still experiencing this issue with purchasing a subscription? 

Are you receiving any error messages? If so, can you provide a screenshot of this?

ChrissyN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Good day,

I haven’t gone too much further with this because I now believe it’s happening because I am in the US Virgin Islands and apparently cloud storage plans are not available here. I’m currently looking into alternatives. I need to have security cameras connected to the cloud as I am away from this location 6 months of the year.  This is the end of day 2 of constant trouble shooting and research on my new Ultra cameras and I’ve had enough!  Maybe I’ll try again in a few days. At this point, I’m really nervous about my investment and will probably have to throw more money at it before it stores video to the cloud. Pretty disappointed with Arlo right now.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ChrissyN wrote:

it’s happening because I am in the US Virgin Islands and apparently cloud storage plans are not available here. 

That is correct.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062249/Where-is-Arlo-Smart-available

You could potentially use direct access to local storage.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

ChrissyN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

I really wish this would have been readily discernible in my search for a security system. It’s the Cloud. I have cloud storage for many things. Why is this not available with Arlo in the VI??  Local storage is not an option for me. I am away from my home in the Virgin Islands for 6 months out of the year and will not rely on local storage, especially given all the issues with not being able to view video clips from off island.  If something goes wrong with the system, I am not able to drop everything and fly back here to fix it.  Not very reliable system.  And now I’m stuck with a worthless system. I am outside the money back guarantee and the boxes the system came in were disposed of months ago.  Anybody I. The market for a slightly used Arlo Ultra 2 camera smart hub system? I’ve got a deal for you.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ChrissyN wrote:

Why is this not available with Arlo in the VI??  

I don't know.  But Ring subscriptions have the same exclusions, so there likely is a legal aspect here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation