Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
tigh1969
Star
Star

Hi I have noticed recently that my Arlo Ultra camera was recording audio sometimes over a hundred times a day.

I created an edit rule to prevent audio activation but this has made no difference.

I charged my camera a week ago and it's now at 58% 

Today alone its made over 150 audio activations

55 REPLIES 55
Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

The support page says all systems are normal.  So if there was a system problem they are not aware.

Hopefully more people start to comment and like to it trends up and they might respond.

If this is firmware it takes a long time to get a fix.

Baptize
Aspirant
Aspirant
Guys, see post 47. I did this and I haven’t received one audio notification since.
buffoonery
Aspirant
Aspirant

I keep getting notifications that sound was detected. I enabled it to see how often it would occur and decided it was to frequent to be useful...

I have disabled it in Settings>Smart Notifications>active camera>Audio Alerts...Both Smoke/CO Alarm and All Other Audio is disabled. I have also disabled 'Detects Audio' in the Mode settings for the active mode but I'm still getting push notifications saying audio was detected.

Ideally I would like to have it record video when audio is detected and not notify me. However, instead I get an alert that says audio detected but nothing is recorded.

Is it possible to enable audio detection and have it trigger video recording while also not having it trigger a push notification?
If that is not possible, how do I disable the audio detected notifications?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Recording settings are all in your modes and rules. Read the FAQs here if not familiar with how to do so. You can enable or disable motion and audio triggers as well as set thresholds for sensitivity. If needed, create additional custom modes with settings appropriate for a particular time period and use the schedule to automate switching. Any camera with no rule is disarmed.

buffoonery
Aspirant
Aspirant

It does not appear that my question was understood. I have already attempted to disable all the settings I know about. The issue I have is: even though these settings are apparently disabled, I am still receiving alerts.

Please re-read my question and let me know what doesn't make sense.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@buffoonery wrote:

how do I disable the audio detected notifications?

Try removing the camera from your account, and then re-add it.