Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra not recording with CVR

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Thoradin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since October 1st my cameras using CVR haven’t been capturing motion, sending alerts, or recording when there is motion (i.e. when the blue motion alert light comes on). 

I have three Arlo Ultra cameras. Two connected to power and CVR, one on battery and not on CVR. The one on battery hasn’t had any issues sending alerts or recording motion. 

It dawned on me tonight to remove all of my cameras from CVR and sure enough, they’re all working fine. My issue is, I need CVR due to where my cameras are located around my business and the delay in motion detection. 

It seems very odd that this problem would pop up as soon as they rolled out a new app, which I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I’ve also rebooted my base station several times. I can’t for the life of me get a hold of an actual support person and I haven’t seen this issue in any of my searches so I hope the community can help. Otherwise I’m going to have to return the whole system and switch to something else. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

How are you trying to reach support?  Through https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx ?

Did you try adding CVR back to one of your cameras?

Thoradin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I moved one camera back and it stopped recording and notifying me of motion. When I try the link above and select Arlo Series 5 Ultra the input boxes disappear so I can’t send any information. When I try to use the live chat it seems to time out or I wait over 10 minutes then just log out. 

Zachattack
Star
Star
I had a different issue with CVR but same with me: CVR broke my ultra. It was basically unusable for CVR. If you must have CVR, you might have to look elsewhere than Arlo, unless they announce it’s a issue and a fix is coming.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/CVR-Breaks-Ultra-Feature-Set-SOLUTION-INCLUDED/m-p/1732483#...
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation