Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Bertin
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,
Just inserted a SD card into Arlo Ultra base station. Cards status shows good but its not recording.

Even when hitting record in the live preview its not working.

I’ve tried restarting and reformatting the card. Nothing.
15 REPLIES 15
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do a motion triggered event... ( run in front of armed camera )

IIRC, only motion triggered events go to the usb/mem backup

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Bertin
Tutor
Tutor
Oh yes. I did that. Hehe. Fun but no results. Still no recording
Bertin
Tutor
Tutor
I did get a push notification
brh
Master
Master

@Bertin 

This might be a dumb question but do you have the SD Card Recording slider switch turned on in the Settings > (your Snart Hub) > Local Storage?

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://kb.arlo.com/000062124/How-do-I-record-4K-videos-to-a-microSD-card

https://kb.arlo.com/000062127/How-do-I-stream-in-4K-with-my-Arlo-Ultra-camera

Morse is faster than texting!
dt1785
Guide
Guide

I am having this same issue. I bought a 128GB SD card this weekend and inserted it into the Arlo Ultra. I formatted the card and the status shows as "Good'.  I've had several motion detected events and have turned these settings off, back on, and restarted the base with no resolution. I just tried to call Arlo support and got hung up on during the first call because they couldn't hear me, and the waited about 15 minutes for a resolution on the second and got disconnected when they took me off hold. Of course, they didn't bother to ask for a good callback number. 

In addition to this question, once I get my outdoor cable and hook it up to the camera, will I be able to record constantly to this SD card without the subscription plan?

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 9.17.02 PM.png

Bertin
Tutor
Tutor

@brh wrote:

@Bertin 

This might be a dumb question but do you have the SD Card Recording slider switch turned on in the Settings > (your Snart Hub) > Local Storage?

Brian

Hi,

Hahaha, Yes all is like it should be.

Bertin
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, I found the issue!

In short: If you do not have a subscription, you cannot view recorded Videos on SD card via the Arlo app or website

Or you can... You'll see the SD card memory decreasing sometimes (but not all the time) when trying to record. But you cannot access these recordings if you do not have the subscription activated.

Activated the subscription and boom! SD recordings working. But poorly implemented. The mobile app shows you the recordings from the cloud and not the SD card it seems. You’ll notice it may take a while and you’ll have to quit the app and re-open to see the new recordings (on iOS anyway).

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Bertin wrote:

In short: If you do not have a subscription, you cannot view recorded Videos on SD card via the Arlo app or website

You do not need a subscription to get the hub to record videos on an SD card.

You have never been able to view recordings on an SD card with apps or browsers.  That is, so far, by design.

To view stuff on an SD card you have to remove the card and view the content as you would anything else on a memory card.

Here is what it says in the manual:

"To view Arlo videos saved on a microSD card, you must remove the microSD card
from your SmartHub and use a microSD card reader."

Arlo has promised that we will get the ability to view videos in the way you want, but that is some time off.

Activated the subscription and boom! SD recordings working. But poorly implemented. The mobile app shows you the recordings from the cloud and not the SD card it seems.

You are not viewing recordings on the SD card.  You are seeing them in the cloud.

Even without a subscription, the SD card is recording videos.  To view them

• Remove SD card from hub
  • Put in PC.
  • Play/download videos.
  • Return card to hub

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
dt1785
Guide
Guide

I have the subscription service that came with the Arlo Ultra camera for a year. I haven't purchased the additional CVR service, but it's not even recording motion detected events to the SD card like it should be.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@dt1785 wrote:

....but it's not even recording motion detected events to the SD card like it should be.

Did you check that out by removing the SD card from the hub and checking on a PC?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dt1785,

Can you verify what michaelkenward asked above? Did you remove the SD card and check on a PC to verify the issue?

JamesC

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm using  a 256 meg sc card in the hub, and yes I just checked it in a PC today. It holds about 6 days of recording, of course depending on how many. There was  a lot of video clips each day, I'd say about 90,15 second clips per day. I have it set to record 4k.

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice

And I do have the one yr premium account. Automatically overwrite is enabled.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

In other words, your earlier message is incorrect and the system is

recording motion detected events to the SD card like it should be.

or have I got that wrong?

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation