Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RichardCH
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just bought the kit. Cannot connect to mobile phone. Very frustrated.
11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RichardCH,

At what point are you seeing an issue? Are any error messages presented? If so, what do they say?

If you need help getting started, take a look at the full user manual here: Arlo Ultra Wire-Free Camera User Manual

JamesC

RichardCH
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still not connected. I checked my wifi network. It showed arlo_vmb_...
It requires a password. What is the default password for arlo ultra hub station?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't (and shouldn't) log into the base as that would open security holes.

The fact that you can see that the base is connected to the router is a good step. What is the LED showing? Have you tried a computer browser?

RichardCH
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ll try to login through PC. The light of the arlo ultra hub is a still blue light.
RichardCH
Aspirant
Aspirant
Using PC, the device is not detected. Frustrated again!!
I think I should return to arlo for refund. There is no direct contact to the arlo engineer to teach how to solve the problem directly. It is trial and error for almost a week! Still not connected!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RichardCH,

If you would like to contact the Arlo Support Team  to further investigate this issue, use this link:

Arlo Support Team

You will find several options for contacting support there. If you need further assistance, please reach out to me in a private message.

JamesC

RichardCH
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still not working.
Still blue light on arlo hub after ethernet connecting to router.
Summary:
1. Apple arlo app can be downloaded but “no arlo device detected”. So mobile phone cannot connect to arlo hub.
2. Android arlo app (through PC or tablet) cannot be downloaded because it also says “no device found”.
3. Connect arlo hub to PC directly. Require a security code. So, in vain again.
Frustrated and fed up.
RichardCH
Aspirant
Aspirant
I used another email address to open a new arlo account and followed the procedure. Still, my mobile phone cannot connect to arlo hub!

Don’t know what to do now!!
RichardCH
Aspirant
Aspirant
How to contact the supplier and ask for refund?
It is a device of over US$600!
RichardCH
Aspirant
Aspirant
After I tried many times, I replace my working router. One mobile phone can then view images of the cctv. But I do not know how to allow another mobile phone to view the cctv.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RichardCH,

From your last post it sounds like you were able to get your system set up on the primary account.

To add another user/mobile device, follow the steps here to Grant Access: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation