Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra is not recording motion or saving in library

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
vogue44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know this has been covered a number of times but, I'm trying to help an elderly friend who doesn't understand the technology. I have the same system. His system has for about a month not recorded motion and nothing to the library. I have gone through all the steps and procedures mentioned before and still will not record motion. I have even friended to my phone to see if his phone is an issue, but no change. The cameras are motion detecting and the head icon turns orange when motion is prompted. But know recordings. Really need help these people are elderly and rely on the system for there security and peace of mind. 

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@vogue44 wrote:

I have the same system. His system has for about a month not recorded motion and nothing to the library. 

The new cameras (including the Ultra) requires a paid subscription to get cloud recordings.  So the first thing to check is the subscription status.

vogue44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks i'll check that for him.

vogue44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, his subscription has expired. So no subscription means no recordings which = no content in library..... correct ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct. However, you could add a microSD card to the hub for local recordings and show him how to access them by selection the hub instead of Cloud in the library. The subscription is most convenient but that depends on the economics of his situation.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Correct. However, you could add a microSD card to the hub for local recordings and show him how to access them by selection the hub instead of Cloud in the library. The subscription is most convenient but that depends on the economics of his situation.

This is possible, but would require you to change his router settings if he wants to review the recordings away from home.  There are a lot of other restrictions with using the microSD card w/o a subscription (including not being view recordings from the web browser).

If he can afford the subscription, that would be the best approach.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation