Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra is extremely unreliable. Camera/Hub restart solves temporarily

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Spgosw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I must post this, to warn people that is thinking about buying Arlos products.

As you can see many people complain about the problem and Arlo most of the times does not solve it.

Many of us just read the posts having the same problem and find out that Arlo will not actually fix it.

I have experience from 4 different brands, two of them being Arlo and Google.

Arlo is by far the most unreliable system and the support cannot solve the problems.

And I should mention that the hub is 2m away from cameras where we have the problem. The hub is connected to extremely stable 500mbit fiber internet connection. The signal between the cameras and the hub says "strong" in the app.  The cameras is all connected to chargers 24/7. Everything is updated, etc etc.

I will give you some examples.

* Many times Arlo will not be able to reach the hub and record and report motion when someone is ex. walking up to your entrance door. Next time it will work perfect. Restart of the hub and the camera (taking in and out the battery) solves it for the moment (what you do if you are on vacation?). 

* When a motion is detected, is not possible to start streaming live because it's also starts to record and sending the file to the hub. So if you wake up to the signal that someone is outside your house, you cannot start live streaming and it can take 30-120 seconds before the recorded video is there for you to start viewing it. 

* Sometimes is not possible to start livestreaming (and no recording will be done) until your restart the camera (taking in and out the battery) solves it for the moment (what you do if you are on vacation?).

This is problems that never even occurred once with the other brand.

I very much regret that I bought Arlo and I will never even consider their products again.

For you that already bought it, try to return it before it's to late.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Spgosw,

If you're having a consistent issue and have exhausted all of the troubleshooting found on the community, I encourage you to reach out to the Arlo Support team using the Arlo Secure app under Settings > Support and open a case to further investigate the issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation