Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
AndrewHirst
Guide
Guide
My Arlo Ultra set-up has decided to stop recording motion (and does not notify of motion either). I’ve changed nothing in the set-up - it has just stopped (after working fine beforehand). Can anyone help? Could this be due to a firmware update gone wrong?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team released a cloud fix late last night that resolves this issue. Please let me know if you're still experiencing an issue with notifications.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AndrewHirst,

Is the system set to the default Armed mode or are you using a custom mode?

JamesC

AndrewHirst
Guide
Guide
Armed mode.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AndrewHirst,

Try rebooting your SmartHub and then test again. Do you still experience the same behavior? If you walk in front of the cameras to deliberately trigger them, does the running man icon turn amber indicating motion is being detected?

JamesC

AndrewHirst
Guide
Guide
The app is recording video of the motion, but not providing alerts on the app.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team released a cloud fix late last night that resolves this issue. Please let me know if you're still experiencing an issue with notifications.

JamesC

AndrewHirst
Guide
Guide
Thanks James, will do
Simulv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Push Notifications still not working:(
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Simulv,

I've sent the logs you provided over to the development team to further investigate. I will let you know as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Kadksbj2004
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo ultra does not notify me of motion and does not record. It will do it sometimes on some cameras but not the other. I need help
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kadksbj2004,

It sounds like the issue is intermittent if it will sometimes notify and record...If you try a motion detection test, does the camera detect motion when you're standing in front of it? See here: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation