Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jottess
Tutor
Tutor

Since 18.05.2020 10:03 (UTC) my camera started to detect motion almost continuously. The length of the recorded ‘motion’ clips varies from 4 seconds to 5 minutes. There is no any movement in the camera’s field of view, while motion clips are recorded. Of course, the camera records also the clips tagged as ‘person’, ‘animal’ and ‘vehicle’, which are real ones. The camera has been installed in March and so far, there have not been not that much false alerts/recordings.

The camera is connected to ARLO’s outdoor charging adapter. Audio detection is disabled, I’ve played around the sensitivity of motion detection, which didn’t change anything. Today there were firmware update available for my system and I did hope that it solves the problem, but unfortunately after the fw update, the motion detection still generates false alerts. There are huge number of recordings per day. False motion detections occur during day and night.

Am I the only one with that kind of problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems to be a local problem. Have you removed and resynced the camera? If that doesn't help, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a possible hardware problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems to be a local problem. Have you removed and resynced the camera? If that doesn't help, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a possible hardware problem.

jottess
Tutor
Tutor

I had not unpaired the camera from the BaseStation. After removing the camera and reseting the BaseStation, it seems, it solved the issue related to motion detection. At least during last 24 hours there have not been any false alerts generated and all the recorded clips contain real movement.

Interesting, what's the reason for that kind of behaviour by the camera?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No idea how that would happen or why the reset would help. You'd have to have access to logs and maybe software/hardware development folks.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation