Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LizJ
Tutor
Tutor

I have (5) Arlo Pro cameras and (1) Arlo Ultra camera and the base that came with the Ultra camera.  The first camera that arrived was bad and was exchanged.  The replacement seemed to work fine up until a few weeks ago and then I could no longer live stream or record video but it would detect motion and alert me.  I tried everything, removing and re-adding the Ultra camera, removed all 6 cameras and base and re-added and that did not fix it.  I finally tried to reach out to Arlo support via chat, I waited 5-10 min with no response and then I called and waited another 5 minutes on hold.  The support I got was difficult to understand.  They did end up agreeing to replace the camera again.  I would say to Arlo, "get it together" the ultra does not seem ready for prime time.  You are about to lose a good customer with 5 other cameras that has been happy.  The Ultra seems like a hunk a junk since I am on my (2) replacement.  Ridiculous...I

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LizJ,

Were you getting an error message when attempting to live stream the camera? Do you have an open support ticket I can reference to take a look at the troubleshooting steps you took prior to the replacement request?

JamesC

LizJ
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James,

It would spin and show 'connecting' and then would time out.  

The base was rebooted
The camera was removed and re-added several times
the whole system was removed and re-added
Having that camera added caused the other Arlo Pro 2 cameras to exhibit the same behavior, once I removed the ultra everything began working perfectly.

The Arlo Ultra camera would detect motion but not record even though it was set to do so.  
It would not live stream video even when placed a few feet from the base.

Even though I am getting yet another replacement camera, I do not have high hopes of it working well or for a long time.  The first camera I received did not work out of the box. The existing replacement camera worked for a few months and then just stopped working.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
arlouser121119
Star
Star

Ultra cameras have high failure rates. Besides video recording issues, connection stability is horrible. Good luck finding a set that runs perfectly. Bottom line is ultra camera system isn't designed for home security, they are more like toys & gadgets and pretty useless when in use for home security.

LizJ
Tutor
Tutor

Soooo, just received my replacement Ultra camera and guess what????  It doesn't work.  This is the third camera I received and the ultra is just a piece of junk.  I have been sitting on hold for support for 18 min.  I hate this company and if you are smart you will buy a different camera solution.  There is no way to contact anyone at Arlo that speaks English.  I have recommended this product with high confidence to many people but I have shared with all of them never to buy the Ultra.  I will absolutely rip this system out and throw it away.  Many other companies offer solutions that work.  Thanks for nothing Arlo....  DON'T BUY ARLO PRODUCTS.

Myzoom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I bought the base and single camera, it connect with all old camera , but the Ultra won’t connect, I’ve tried all of the above, multiple times , very frustrating.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation