Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
noboruarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

There wasn't any options to activate my free subscription plan when I first power up the smart hub. I reboot a few times but the status is still no subscription.

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Ultra subscription is only good if you set it up in the same country purchased in....

If this is true then you have to contact Arlo support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
noboruarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I have been struggling with Arlo Ultra for weeks! I have not gotten any response from Arlo. This is the worst product I have ever gotten from Ultra. I wish they will just kill off this product.

I bought the Arlo Ultra 3 device package. I am in a region with Arlo Smart Plans. However, I am never able to activate the free subscription that is promised in the box. I am not sure why Arlo makes it so diffficult to setup this device. I have totally given up. JamesC maybe you can share some light?

noboruarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo support is not providing a solution but simply ignoring my problem. If they treat their customers this way, I can see where the brand is heading. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@noboruarlo wrote:

Arlo support is not providing a solution but simply ignoring my problem. 

Are you living in a country where subscriptions are offered?  Also, did you buy the cameras locally, or did you buy them in another country?

It'd be helpful to know if you meet their conditions for getting the subscription or not.

FWIW, I think they ought to be available if you purchased the cameras in another country - as long as the subscription is offered where you are now.  Spinning up subscriptions in a new country likely does take some effort (the terms of service have to be drawn up for each country, and that requires some legal effort).

noboruarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

My friend got the cams from Amazon in US but the plans are available in Singapore where I am trying to install it. So I do not think it should be an issue, but Arlo does not want to support it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@noboruarlo wrote:

My friend got the cams from Amazon in US but the plans are available in Singapore where I am trying to install it. So I do not think it should be an issue, but Arlo does not want to support it.

Personally I agree that shouldn't be an issue, but it is excluded in the terms.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/en-arlo-smart/message-id/2510 wrote:

...The free 1 year plan is only claimable in the country in which the system was purchased. ...

Not sure if they'd make an exception or not.  You could try private messaging @JamesC and enquire.  

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation