Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Orygun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just a day into my new Arlo system, I’ve noticed when you set up an activity zone it says you can ignore or receive motion and sound notifications but I don’t see anyplace to make that choice. It seems the default is that motion alerts and sound notifications are received within any activity zone you set up.

can you clarify?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's bad wording - the only thing you can do is to draw the box around the intended area of detection. Anything out of the box is excluded.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's bad wording - the only thing you can do is to draw the box around the intended area of detection. Anything out of the box is excluded.

Panga
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have created activity zone for the camera in the app ... but it still doesnot work. Result is battery drainage.

Any solution?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that Smart activity zones require the camera to record and upload the video for server post-processing to determine if a notification should be sent and storage in the library. Thus, it doesn't decrease battery usage but may actually increase it relative to what you may expect by not getting every video presented to you.

Fireblade69
Guide
Guide

I notice that the camera has to be plugged into the power in order to set up activity zones. Does this mean that the cameras have to be permantly plugged into the mains power in order for the activity zones to work, or is this merely for initial set up?

Thanks

n11
Apprentice
Apprentice
I've setup all four of my Ultra's activity zones while running on battery power. Someone else can probably advise on what criteria need to be met to setup the zones.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use zones on battery power only if you subscribe to Smart. Normal zones not requiring Smart need the camera to be plugged in since it's essentially constantly streaming. This will also get you the 3 second lookback that battery operation can't provide.

ShaneArlo
Initiate
Initiate

How use is that, it says you can set up an activity zone to ignore activity in the zone, I want to IGNORE the area around my dogs kennel in the garage so that it reduces the number of alerts I get each day, but it seems teh way it works is that it ignores everything outside that zone.  I am connected to power. Get your act together Arlo and let me IGNORE activity IN the ZONE

Kelso198325
Guide
Guide
I set my arlo ultras 4 pack and I’m currently in California setting up my arlo ultras activity zone. The battery so far has been pretty amazing. I tweaked a few settings I put 2 arlo ultras on auto hdr it feels like it has not been killing my battery. But the activity zones keep ringing me and I have adjust the zones over and over there still going off
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation