Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
fg3
Follower
Follower

Hi all, 

I too am experiencing major Arlo Ultra issues:

Please note my hub and cameras are all on the latest firmware.  I'm on the latest version of iOS and the Arlo app.

1.  Activity zones do not work at all.  On the website, I can create a zone for a camera, then create a new mode to record video when motion is detected in a selected zone.  Once I switch to that new mode, the zone is completely ignored.  It will record video if motion is detected anywhere.  Also if i go to edit a mode, I cannot select a zone.  Only when I create a new mode do I have the option to select a zone.  One the iPhone app, I can't select a zone even when creating a mode.

2.  If my System is set to a custom mode, the Arlo app on my iPhone crashes as soon as I launch it, rendering it completely useless.

3.  I have no options in the app or the website to upgrade my plan for 4K video and the local 4K streaming does not work.

I've had the orginal Arlo cameras since they came out and have had zero problems.  These Ultra cameras are mess.  I guess I'll be returning them to Best Buy.

4 REPLIES 4
zincyellowcobra
Luminary
Luminary

@fg3

Same problem I am having with adding 4K premium vid recording to my existing subscription. Customer support said it had something to do with adding the Ultra system to the same account with my existing Pro 2 setup. I have a paid Smart Elite subscription. Adding the Ultra, which comes with 1-year free Smart Premier, is causing some conflict with the account. I no longer have ability to make changes to my subscription whether I try in iOS app, web browser, laptop. I opened a case, the case was escalated. Just waiting. 

Initially, customer support told me to delete the Ultra and set up a separate account where I would have free 1 year premier and could add 4K there.. that doesn’t work for several reasons. (1) I have already paid for the 4K upgrade (2) I want 60 days in the cloud therefore don’t want the free premier plan (3) I want all of my cameras together under a single account, a factor in my decision to pay for Smart Elite plan last year. 

This is has been an incredibly frustrating 5 days with the Arlo Ultra.  I’m about ready to return the system. I’ve left a negative review on Best Buy’s site and waiting for the Amazon launch date to give my $0.02 there as well. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

fg3,

Activity zones on your Arlo Ultra camera are "inclusion" zones, meaning that any of the zones you've created will detect motion when activity enters those zones. We're working on improvements to the interface to make that more clear.

If you're experiencing a crash when launching the iOS app, try removing all of your activity zones (using the web client) and test again to see if you experience the same behavior. We're working on fixing an issue with activity zones that was causing a crash.

To upgrade your subscription plan for 4k video recording. Log in to the web client and navigate to Settings > Subscription > Click "Change Plan" > select desired account level plan and continue > select Premium Video Recording and complete the subscription flow.

JamesC

Caramarie
Aspirant
Aspirant
What if the app freezes when you try to go to your activity zone options??
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Caramarie,

Are you able to access activity zones through the web client or does that have an issue as well?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation