Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sjf84
Follower
Follower

I recently started to set up my Arlo Ultra kit with two cameras, and things went pretty well. I've got the base set up and the cameras are connected and recording as expected. It's detecting people and traffic as expected (and at least one package).

The problem I'm running into, though, is a windsock my wife put up on the house. It's been windy here lately, and the thing is going nuts right by the camera. Arlo detects the motion and starts to record. Sometimes, if our cars are in the driveway, it will register it as "vehicle" motion, and sometimes it might register as a person. That's a lot of recordings eating up my battery life.

Unfortunately, it's right by our front door, which I'd obviously like to keep an eye on. Short of moving the windsock, what are some options I might have?

1. Is it possible to adjust the sensitivity of the motion detection? It might not eliminate all instances but some?
  2. Is there a way to filter certain motion out of alerts?
  3. Is just careful zoning the easiest way to get around this?
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sjf84,

1. Adjusting motion sensitivity is an option, take a look here for how: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

2. Filtering alerts is possible, but this would not help to resolve the battery issue as recordings would still be made.

3. You could try motion detection zones, but again, battery would still deplete as the recordings are analyzed on the cloud before it's determined if the event should be kept in the library.

Moving the wind sock or adjusting motion sensitivity until you are satisfied with the detection rate is the best options here.

JamesC

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

Move the wind sock.  Been there myself.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation