Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Video Quality

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JimBeam-KOE
Tutor
Tutor
Hi there
Just bought 4 Ultra Cameras to replace my older Pro Versions.
I replaced they by the ne SmartHub and did all the firmware updates first. Against the older Hardware , this update worked only with great difficulties although my Internet connection is perfect. Several errors then redets and reboots finally installed the new firmware 😞
After checking the streaming video quality on iOS pad wirh active 4K was totally disappointing. For such sn expensive 8mb camera snd supposingly high resolution, the picture and especialky when zooming, is even beliw my previous Arlo Pro!!!
Dear Arlo, where is your quality assurance before releasing such a product?
It looks I have just wasted 1000 € !
Please work on sw updates an make this product like the Pro or Pro2 system

Brgds Urs
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JimBeam-KOE,

When you're live streaming, are you seeing the 4K badge in the stream? Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing so we can better understand the issue?

JamesC

fredouille
Apprentice
Apprentice

same here, when zooming quality is ugly

Buckrub71
Tutor
Tutor

I'm all up to date in app version and software. My video settings are set for "best". My phone's video resolution is set to UHD. When connected to home wifi and I check the live feed, I have the 4k symbol. However, just like you, the video clarity is awful when zooming in.  I mean awful! At a distance???  Looks pretty good. Zooming in? Forget it! Ah, and yes, my signal strength is solid.  

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation