Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
arlocam106a
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I use Arlo Ultra for years and I have them mounted on the wall next to power outlet. I noticed that every few months the camera would stop charging and battery drains down and I can not access the camera. 

I tried replacing the power outlet, power plug and cable but the issue remains and then suddenly it goes back to charge normally for another few months.  I did replace the battery but the issue continued.

I also noticed that when using USB charger (high quality like Anker products) the camera would charge quickly but again in few months goes back to no charge.

I am not really sure if it is really not charging or the sync with base is wrong (i.e. it shows no charge while the camera is charged). 

Can you please help me with this.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arlocam106a wrote:

I use Arlo Ultra for years and I have them mounted on the wall next to power outlet. I noticed that every few months the camera would stop charging and battery drains down and I can not access the camera. 

I tried replacing the power outlet, power plug and cable but the issue remains and then suddenly it goes back to charge normally for another few months.  I did replace the battery but the issue continued.

Is this happening to more than one camera?

Is the camera always on AC power?

It sounds like if you shift the power to another outlet+charger after this happens that it will charge.  Have you tried just shifting to another outlet, but continuing to use the same charger?

@arlocam106a wrote:

I am not really sure if it is really not charging or the sync with base is wrong (i.e. it shows no charge while the camera is charged). 

If the camera is on AC power and you've left the camera LED enabled, then the camera LED should always be blue - since the camera is always fully charged.  Is that what you are seeing?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation