Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Follower

Arlo Ultra Solar power

Is the Arlo Ultra 4K camera compatible with the solar charger?
Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Arlo Ultra Solar power

Arlo Ultra uses a new magnetic charging solution. New accessories will be available at launch but some previous accessories (such as the VMA4600 solar panel) will not be compatible.

For more information on this new charging solution, take a look here: What is the magnetic charger that came with my Arlo Ultra camera?

JamesC

Message 3 of 11

All Replies
Guru

Wait until it's actually out so we have actual answers. The rest is conjecture.

Message 2 of 11
Community Manager

Arlo Ultra uses a new magnetic charging solution. New accessories will be available at launch but some previous accessories (such as the VMA4600 solar panel) will not be compatible.

For more information on this new charging solution, take a look here: What is the magnetic charger that came with my Arlo Ultra camera?

JamesC

Message 3 of 11
Guide

Will there be a Solar option, what is the expected battery life between charges, or Mili Apmp Hours of Battery and draw of Camera in stand by and act use?

Message 4 of 11
Community Manager

Xichlo,

Yes a Solar Panel will be available for Arlo Ultra. The Arlo Ultra uses a different battery (4800mAh) and battery life should be comparable to or better than, in some cases, other Arlo Wire-Free cameras.

JamesC

Message 5 of 11
Aspirant

Solar Panel for Arlo Pro 2 compatible with Arlo Ultra

My current setup includes Arlo Pro 2s with solar panels compatible with Pro and Go (VMA4600). If I upgrade to Arlo Ultra, will my existing solar panels be compatible or will I be required to upgrade those as well?

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 6 of 11
Guru

Re: Solar Panel for Arlo Pro 2 compatible with Arlo Ultra

Upgrade. The Ultra cameras have a magnetic power connection so there's no way to use the older panels with the microUSB connector. This should get rid of the pesky moisture infiltration issues that have happened with the older panels when the connectors weren't fully sealed.

Message 7 of 11
Aspirant

Solar Charging

Will the new Arlo Ultra charge with the solar panel?

Message 8 of 11
brh Master
Master

Re: Solar Charging

@Paintcheckref 

the new Ultra is not compatable with the older solar panel, but there is a new one coming out very soon with a magnetic cable connection instead of the micro usb connector on the older model.

Brian

Message 9 of 11
Aspirant

Can you connect the solar panel to the arlo ultra?

Can you connect the solar panel to the Arlo Ultra

Model: VMS5240 | Arlo Ultra 2 Camera Kit
Message 10 of 11
Guru

Re: Can you connect the solar panel to the arlo ultra?

Depends on what you're asking. The current solar panel won't work because the Ultra uses an external magnetic connection for power rather than a microUSB connection. There will be a solar panel for the Ultra but hasn't been released yet.

Message 11 of 11