Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
zandolee
Follower
Follower
Is the Arlo Ultra 4K camera compatible with the solar charger?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Ultra uses a new magnetic charging solution. New accessories will be available at launch but some previous accessories (such as the VMA4600 solar panel) will not be compatible.

For more information on this new charging solution, take a look here: What is the magnetic charger that came with my Arlo Ultra camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Wait until it's actually out so we have actual answers. The rest is conjecture.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Ultra uses a new magnetic charging solution. New accessories will be available at launch but some previous accessories (such as the VMA4600 solar panel) will not be compatible.

For more information on this new charging solution, take a look here: What is the magnetic charger that came with my Arlo Ultra camera?

JamesC

Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary

Will there be a Solar option, what is the expected battery life between charges, or Mili Apmp Hours of Battery and draw of Camera in stand by and act use?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Xichlo,

Yes a Solar Panel will be available for Arlo Ultra. The Arlo Ultra uses a different battery (4800mAh) and battery life should be comparable to or better than, in some cases, other Arlo Wire-Free cameras.

JamesC

chipmason
Aspirant
Aspirant

My current setup includes Arlo Pro 2s with solar panels compatible with Pro and Go (VMA4600). If I upgrade to Arlo Ultra, will my existing solar panels be compatible or will I be required to upgrade those as well?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Upgrade. The Ultra cameras have a magnetic power connection so there's no way to use the older panels with the microUSB connector. This should get rid of the pesky moisture infiltration issues that have happened with the older panels when the connectors weren't fully sealed.

Paintcheckref
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will the new Arlo Ultra charge with the solar panel?

brh
Master
Master

@Paintcheckref 

the new Ultra is not compatable with the older solar panel, but there is a new one coming out very soon with a magnetic cable connection instead of the micro usb connector on the older model.

Brian

Seabee1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you connect the solar panel to the Arlo Ultra

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depends on what you're asking. The current solar panel won't work because the Ultra uses an external magnetic connection for power rather than a microUSB connection. There will be a solar panel for the Ultra but hasn't been released yet.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation