Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Solar Panel Charger

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DA56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently purchased the Arlo Solar Panel Charger designed for Arlo Ultra cameras. Worked well for a week or so, then noticed the camera I had it attached to had fried. So thinking it was not related to the solar panel I moved my other camera (which had been working fine) and attached it to the solar panel. It was fried within a week. Very dissapointed! Both cameras cooked. DO NOT use the solar panel!!

5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Fried?

What does that mean?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
DA56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does not work

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@DA56 wrote:

Does not work

I'm sorry but using vague language or general descriptions like "fried" and "does not work" provides minimal diagnostic information.

If you want help to recover your system you will have to say a lot more than that.

Solar Chargers are rarely the cause of severe failures. People mostly love them, although I don't like the fact that they aren't designed to provide the equivalent to permanent power.

The opportunities for a solar panel to cause permanent damage are close to zero. Not enough volts and amps to "fry" anything, as most people use the term. Then again, there can be problems when people who don't use them correctly.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
DA56
Aspirant
Aspirant

100% without a doubt the solar panel charger wrecked the batteries on my camera. The first 1 within a couple of weeks. The 2nd one within days. NO DOUBT. They were both working perfectly. Then after being plugged into the solar panel they do not charge even on AC - 0, fried, kaput, whatever I've done my money so I'll use whatever term I like !!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DA56,

I recommend that you reach out to the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You would find several options for contacting the team here:

Arlo Support Team

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation