Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra SmartHub won’t connect. Stopped recording so tried resetting.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rachit
Guide
Guide

Hi

I’ve had an Ultra 3 camera setup for the last 14 months without an issue. When the warranty expired at about 12 months, I noticed my ultra camera’s stopped recording video whenever motion was detected. Following advice from this community, I decided to “reset” my system. Upon doing so, my Arlo app no longer recognises my SmartHub. I’ve tried to reconnect multiple times (and used the troubleshooting guides on this community - eg. reset, switch on/off modem, etch to no avail.

The entire system is now bricked and I haven’t been able to get it to work since resetting. Can someone assist with an actual solution?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How did you reset the system? If you used the reset button you also have to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices before you start fresh. As for recording after 12 months, the trial subscription ran that long. You then have to subscribe to a plan (Premier or Elite) to have cloud recordings. Without a plan you can record locally by enabling local recordings which uses a microSD card you supply that's inserted into the bottom of your hub. You can then use the app to view the recordings without having to safely eject the card.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation