Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DjIntrigue
Tutor
Tutor

When will the Arlo Smart Hub Base station be sold on its own??? will this ever happen? i would like to upgrade my base on its own then slowly start replacing my pros with ultras in the near future. ignore the vmb3000 uptop in the model discription... it wouldnt let me click on the new base. the base im asking about is the smart hub ultra VMB5000 

5 REPLIES 5
brh
Master
Master

@DjIntrigue 

I am sure they will soon be selling the Ultra bases individually but I intend to use both the Pro base for the older cameras and add the Ultra base to the same account for the Ultra cameras. There is no limit as to how many base stations you can have on one account. The two base stations are quite different with each having its own advantages and disadvanteges so why not keep both?

One example is that the Pro base has a built in siren whereas the Ultra base does not - the siren has been moved to the camera which will probably be mounted outside. Keeping the Pro base and adding the Ultra base gives you the best of both worlds.

Brian

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@brh wrote:

One example is that the Pro base has a built in siren whereas the Ultra base does not - the siren has been moved to the camera which will probably be mounted outside. Keeping the Pro base and adding the Ultra base gives you the best of both worlds.

Anyone tried to get the Ultra system to trigger the alarm in the Pro hub?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
brh
Master
Master

@michaelkenward 

I believe that will come later this year. Currently I don't think the Ultra camera will work with the previous bases.

Brian

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

My thinking was along the lines of leaving the Ultra cameras connected to the Ultra hub and then using a rule to trigger something that would use the alarm on the Pro hub.

I gather that it is possible to have rules that bridge the gap.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Alex-P
Aspirant
Aspirant

DeviceDeal Australia Has got the Arlo Ultra Base station in stock , I purchased one and it expanded the wifi covrage , now I can add extra camera in my back yard , Also my account upgraded to smart primum account with supporting 10 camera - free in one year which is very good

Arlo Ultra Smart Hub VMB5000 :  https://www.devicedeal.com.au/arlo-ultra-smart-hub-for-all-arlo-cameras-vmb5000

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation