Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
DanielJo20
Star
Star

Hey

Is there a Size limit for the inserted SD Card?

Can i put a 128GB card?

What is the reccomended size ?

THanks

Daniel

28 REPLIES 28
Naiyas
Guide
Guide

Hi

I use SanDisk microSD cards almost exclusively for everything these days, including as my external portable storage. I am awaiting delivery of the 256GB, 512GB, & 1TB cards, but have tested a number of other sizes. The results of these tests are as follows:

SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC 32GB Class 10, UHS-I, U3, A1, V30 (100MB/s) - OK: Works without an issue

SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC 64GB Class 10, UHS-I, U3, A2, V30 (170MB/s) - OK: Works without an issue

SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC 128GB Class 10, UHS-I, U3, A2, V30 (170MB/s) - OK: Works without an issue

SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC 400GB Class 10, UHS-I, U3, A2, V30 (170MB/s) - FAILS: Reports an error < 16GB

A friend of mine uses the Pro3's and has the VMB4540 SmartHub with the USB external connection option. He has a 1TB external USB 3.0 drive connected without any issues, but has not tried a larger drive yet.

I shall expand on my list once I get hold of the other sizes.

Jijma
Aspirant
Aspirant
I use a SanDisk Extreme 512 GB microSDXC formatted via the hub without any problems. I would stick to a known brand for maximum compatibility. I got mine on sale online and couldn’t pass it up. I was going to go with 256 GB but then I saw the 512 on sale. I’m very happy I got the 512 instead. No problems with the card.
Naiyas
Guide
Guide

@Jijma 

Interesting to see, and good to know, the 512GB is working for you when my 400GB one doesn't. I've only recently got my Arlo's so I was expecting some teething issues with SDXC storage options, and as I use SDXC cards as my external "portable" storage options anyway (easier than lugging around an external SSD/HDD) I was hoping to leverage one of my existing cards - currently the 128GB.

I'd very much like to benefit from more local storage when I'm away so hoping the cards on order arrive soon.

Jijma
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Naiyas,
I would try the following if you haven’t already: remove the 400GB card from the hub, reboot/restart the hub, reseat the card and then reformat the card. SanDisk cards are quite reliable and like you, I, too, use them exclusively. I hope this helps.

Jijma