Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Recording Hundreds of Audio

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ClemsonCarrie98
Aspirant
Aspirant

We bought all new Arlos since we received the email that our cameras were being retired. We have had a lot of issues.  The newest one is that three of them just started recording audio non stop, like hundreds of recordings per day of nothing. I have all of the audio disabled as a troubleshooter and its not helping it all. It has drained our batteries.  Help!

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ClemsonCarrie98 wrote:

I have all of the audio disabled as a troubleshooter and its not helping it all. It has drained our batteries.  Help!

Turning off the mic won't do it.  You need to disable audio detection in the rules.

ClemsonCarrie98
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, thanks! I can try that, but, is there a way to fix this where I can still have the audio? This just started happening in the past few days and there is no audio that I can hear. I just hate to disable an important feature because of a glitch.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ClemsonCarrie98 wrote:

Ok, thanks! I can try that, but, is there a way to fix this where I can still have the audio? This just started happening in the past few days and there is no audio that I can hear. I just hate to disable an important feature because of a glitch.

Audio detection is different from having audio in the recording. You can disable the audio detection, and leave the microphone enabled.

The next step is to check whether audio detection is included in the camera rule(s) or not.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation