Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
dalekr
Guide
Guide
Just wondering if anyone else has this issue? Have just put power cable to one camera and are about to put to other two but I’ve noticed the camera remains in night mode ie led ir red lights stay on and have to manually go into settings and turn night vision off and than back on though when battery operated it turns off automatically. I’m not sure if this is a feature when plugged in.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Having the cameras plugged into AC power means they're streaming all the time. Night time would require the IR LEDs to be lit so the video wouldn't be black. The use of AC power provides the 3 second lookback and the optional CVR, both of which require the camera to stream all the time.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dalekr,

Is this happening on all of your cameras or just one?

JamesC

dalekr
Guide
Guide
James, yes just got power cables to other two and waited until night time and yes they are all staying on three cameras, I’m using Arlo cables and adaptors. I’m guessing this must be normal when plugged in as they are recording 24/7 with the play back feature.
dalekr
Guide
Guide
Can someone who has a plugged in ultra please wait until dark and than turn live view on than turn off and see if their led ir lights are staying on or does anybody know if they are meant to stay on if plugged in? I’m just worried they might burn out cheers
Hoops
Guide
Guide

I'm having the exact same issue. However, the problem is not limited to cameras on power as all my cameras run on battery. This seems to have been inroduced with the latest firmware update. I'm finding the LED spotlight runs for an extended period - way after the motion has stopped. It seems to run for the full 5 minutes that these cameras seem to be limited to - although I haven't timed it exactly. I found that I can get it to turn off if I go into Live View on the iPhone App. At this point the camera seems to come to its senses and turns the spotlight off. I'm finding that I don't get any recording of the video in this situation either so I can't report on the length of the video.  I noticed this on 2 of my 10 cameras - but I only checked 2 last night (so 100% hit rate there). I triggered them about 5 times and the extended LED spotlight came on 4 times. I will have to do more testing (and I'm hoping that this just magically goes away) - but initial indications are that this firmware update is not without it's problems either.

Hoops

10 x Arlo Ultra Cameras & 2 Arlo Ultra Base Stations

Hoops
Guide
Guide

I'm having the exact same issue. However, the problem is not limited to cameras on power as all my cameras run on battery. This seems to have been inroduced with the latest firmware update. I'm finding the LED spotlight runs for an extended period - way after the motion has stopped. It seems to run for the full 5 minutes that these cameras seem to be limited to - although I haven't timed it exactly. I found that I can get it to turn off if I go into Live View on the iPhone App. At this point the camera seems to come to its senses and turns the spotlight off. I'm finding that I don't get any recording of the video in this situation either so I can't report on the length of the video.  I noticed this on 2 of my 10 cameras - but I only checked 2 last night (so 100% hit rate there). I triggered them about 5 times and the extended LED spotlight came on 4 times. I will have to do more testing (and I'm hoping that this just magically goes away) - but initial indications are that this firmware update is not without it's problems either.

Hoops

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mine aren't powered so I can't test but these are LEDs which have VERY long lifespans. They very likely won't burn out. Also, don't forget that powered cameras are always streaming which means night vision is employed when the light level drops. Otherwise, you'd see blackness in the dark.

dalekr
Guide
Guide
Yes mine done that on one of my camera but sorted itself out after a couple of hours, all 3 cameras seem to be running ok now after a few days they seem to get used to the environment or something, fingers crossed
Hoops
Guide
Guide

Yes mine seem to be ok now as well. I was having this problem immediately after the firmware update was applied - but I haven't seen this problem for a few days now. It may have been rebooting the hubs after the firmware update that helped to solve the problem. At any rate it's all working now.  

Hoops

Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
I recently plugged in all 3 of my ultra cameras to AC power and am having the same issue.

Red lights glowing on all cameras, this did not happen on battery power and would shut off within a few seconds.

When on live view on my porch camera I can see IR light shining from my lawn camera, even though it should be off.

This morning one of my camera's video streams had a pink tint during daylight. Was able to fix it by turning the camera off and on and restarting the smart hub.

Can we please get a firmware fix?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Having the cameras plugged into AC power means they're streaming all the time. Night time would require the IR LEDs to be lit so the video wouldn't be black. The use of AC power provides the 3 second lookback and the optional CVR, both of which require the camera to stream all the time.

dalekr
Guide
Guide
Yeah hoops I’ve found out the red lights are meant to stay on and automatically switch off in day and they won’t burn out for twenty odd years which was my biggest concern, also a while back my backyard camera which is in the sun all day suddenly got s pink tinge to the image and wouldn’t go back to normal until it got dark but hasn’t done it since.
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation