Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JArloOfFlies
Tutor
Tutor

I have a new ultra 4 camera kit. When I download a video from the library all the videos are named motionRecord.mp4. This is of course highly annoying.

The name should be something like:

YYYY-HH-MM-SS-cameraname.mp4 or

YYYY-HH-MM-SS-locationname-cameraname.mp4

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JArloOfFlies,

What client are you using when you see this? (iOS, Web, Android)?

JamesC

JArloOfFlies
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Using Firefox on Windows 10.

Click on library. Click to download.

Opens Save dialog. Proposed name fo file is same every time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Edge, Firefox and Chrome on W10 gets me the epoch time naming every time.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As jguerdat mentions above, I also am seeing Epoch time when downloading...i'm not able to replicate what you've described.

Do you have a browser plugin or addon installed that could be causing this? You might try using a different browser to see if you get the same results.

JamesC

Gumbi
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem as JArloOfFiles; file name motionRecord.mp4, and yet some users (like jguerdat & JamesC) get the date & time as the file name, using what sounds like the same OS & browser (Windows10 & Edge).

- It sounds like a setting has changed somewhere, and Microsoft is famous for breaking things that used to work well. Sounds like the "Epoch" time used for file naming is no longer automatic?

- I just bought a new laptop last week but my old laptop did the same thing.

- I have the Pro2 4 camera system.

- I use Windows 10 version 1803, and Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0

- I have no idea if there are any addons or plugins that might be the issue, since this is a "clean machine" and I know I haven't had time to mess that kind of stuff up yet.   ;-]

- I'm not crazy about trying other browsers since I just don't want to clog up this new machine with junk I'll never use, especially since some users get the correct result using what I'm using.

I have spent hours reading Arlo posts and even checking Microsoft support, and no one seems to know why.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this a setup like mine?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gumbi,

Try downloading using a mobile device to see if you experience the same behavior.

For more information on this, take a look here: How do I convert the time stamp saved in Epoch time when I download recordings from a web browser?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation