Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra H10 Camera charge wont go beyond 90%

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CarlosDe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I've got a new Arlo H10 camera which has been in commission for about one month. The camera is in an Arlo secure mount. I charged the camera plugging a cable onto the mount interface but for some reason regardless of leaving it plugged in charging all day the charge level would not go beyond 90%.

I would expect this with an older unit and battery but not after one month. Is there something I could be missing?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CarlosDe wrote:

I charged the camera plugging a cable onto the mount interface but for some reason regardless of leaving it plugged in charging all day the charge level would not go beyond 90%.

Have you tried force closing the app (alternatively, restarting the phone)? The app doesn't always poll for the current charge level, so it's possible that it is going higher than reported.

Temperature could also be a factor, though you should be seeing a message telling you that it's too cold for the camera to charge when that is the case.

Are you using an Arlo charger?  If so, is it the indoor one or the outdoor one?

CarlosDe
Aspirant
Aspirant

The charge level displayed at 90% both on the mobile app and web interface. The outside temperature range is between 5-18 degrees celsius so would not be an issue.

I am charging the camera by attaching the charging cable to the camera directly.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CarlosDe wrote:

I am charging the camera by attaching the charging cable to the camera directly.

An Arlo charger?

If so, is it the indoor one or the outdoor.

Are you seeing the lightning bolt icon in the app (indicating that the camera is plugged in)?  https://kb.arlo.com/1179176/What-do-my-Arlo-camera-s-battery-level-icons-and-notifications-mean

CarlosDe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply StephenB

Yes I was seeing the lightening bolt and it is an Arlo charger.

• I tried to charge it fully again but same result.
  • I swapped the battery from one of my other camera's in to the problem camera
  • I tried to charge it fully again with the other battery but same result this time stopping at 92%
  • I charged the other camera that had the battery from the original problem camera and it charged fine to 100% and fairly quickly
  • I removed the problem camera from the 'secure mount' (https://www.arlo.com/en-nz/accessories/VMA5100-10000S.html) and pushed it into the standard camera casing and charged it that way with a cable
  • It eventually fully charged to 100%
  • I suspected it may have something to do with the 'secure mount', perhaps the contacts.
  • I cleaned the contacts with isopropyl alcohol for good measure although it looked clean and ok. The camera was only purchased 5 weeks ago and been in use for only that long.
  • Then placed the camera back into the ‘secure mount’.
  • To now find out how the problem is tracking I’ll either have to wait for the battery to go down and attempt to charge it in the secure mount or swap another battery that has less charge into the mount and attempt to charge it. I’ll try that in the weekend.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation