Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Two of my Ultra cameras went off line a couple days ago after months of good stability. After verifying nothing had changed on my end, and doing multiple base station reboots, just to see if it would help, I decided to check to see if Arlo's firmware release notice page mentioned any recent firmware updates. Indeed it did! It only mentioned bug fixes with the Ultra base. Bug fixes is not helpful information. In the past, I would always go through painful testing and research before realizing that Arlo posted a base update and apparently broke something in the process. Now I'm wondering how long it will be before enough people complain and the problem gets fixed. Good Luck everyone!

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi HazzMatt,

We have not seen any reports where users are experiencing their Ultra cameras going offline after the new firmware update released. Check your signal strength for your cameras and make sure that you have three or more bars of signal strength in the area.

If you have one or two bars, they might go offline intermittently due to the fluctuations in the environment. Make sure to place your cameras closer to the SmartHub or have your SmartHub closer to your cameras.

You can also read here to learn how to troubleshoot when your cameras are going offline: My Arlo wire-free camera is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thank you for the reply. The maximum number of signsl bars possible on either my android or iPhone devices is only 3. Are four bars even possible? 3 bars is only possible between the base and cameras only at a very short distances.
dcfox1
Master
Master

I was wondering the same. I have always seen max three bars possible in IOS and Web. When I have two bars on one cam the third bar is greyed out. I never saw a fourth greyed out bar. 

Not sure if that is the way the older cams are though. 

Sheppeyboy
Guide
Guide

I have same problem but have 3 base stations, they are up and down like a you yo since firmware update, raised a case but no response yet

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Jessica - yup happening here to.  Will just go offline and then come back in a few mins.  Sometimes go offline then back on and back off again then work fine for 3/4 hours and do it again.  The firmware is the only change to my system.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're experiencing your Ultra cameras going offline often, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

jbunay55
Tutor
Tutor

On the Arlo app there are only 3 bars I don't see 4.  there is a small dot then a medium bar then a large.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation