Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra CVR plan requires paying for Premier Plan again?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
bbeagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

I bought the Arlo Ultra 4 camera kit a month ago and was given the free year of the Premier Plan.

Now, I'd like to add a CRV plan to one camera. When I use the website, I click 'Change Plan' and then add a CVR plan, the checkout price adds an additional $99 for the Premier Plan which I have already.

So, if I add a 14-day CVR plan to one camera, which is $99/year, Arlo wants to charge me $198. 

Is the website supposed to work like this or do I need to call customer support?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Completing the purchase should give you credit for the existing plan. I don't know how/whether that works with the 1 year freebie but I would expect so.

catemp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Don't do it. I'm a week in trying to resolve a credit situation for changing service. I send emails every few days to my open case but never get a response from customer service. Flip side is I don't even get the service I've already paid for since I never got a refund and the system managed to deactivate the pvr.
bbeagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

The User Interface and instructions are horrible.

Basically, you're signing up for a Whole Year with a $99 Premier Plan and a CVR when you add one. The plan is extended for one whole year beyond today's date. You'll get credit for any un-used portion of the year. So, I got $99 (premier) + $99 (CVR) = $198 (total) - $97 (credit) = $101 .

Nowhere in the interface tells you this will happen until the final, last screen.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation