Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Craig-S
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello

I’m getting alert notifications with the screen shot thumbnail (iphone) I log in to view and it’s taking at least 5 minutes minimum before my library will update with the new notification. This has been happening for approximately 10 days. Before this recorded activity would replay for the first 3 to 4 seconds in slow motion then resume normal speed. This has been happening for over a month now. It seemed to resolve itself about two weeks ago for a day or two but now seems to play ok for the first 2 to 3 seconds then goes slow mo for 3 to 4 seconds (or freezes) then resumes normal speed (with the person 3 to 4 seconds further on) for the remainder of the clip. It is extremely annoying considering now this is my 4th set of Ultras which have all had problems which the tech team have confirmed after spending several hours in total on telephone calls with them. On top of this I’ve paid to upgrade to 4K recording which has worked intermittently until I’ve diagnosed how to fix this myself (2 hour telephone conversation with tech help who didn’t have a clue). It was a simple drag and drop exercise. Apologies for the rant but I’m giving the cameras/Arlo a fair go but I’m certainly not getting the service I’ve paid for. Please James can you help? Regards Jason.

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Craig-S
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello JamesC

Thanks for the speedy reply. I hope there is some feedback/remedy soon, will there be any compensation offered for the unreliable upgraded service I’ve enrolled in? Regards, Jason.

Jjs070470
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same exact issue. Taking almost 10 minutes for video to show up in my library, regardless if i'm using my Iphone X or desktop.

Craig-S
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi JamesC

Have you managed to get any information regarding the problem?

cheers. 

Xquzme
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here. Very frustrating when you can see something happened 8 mins ago but I am unable to view the footage.  I agree with compensation for the lack of service.  I know it is free for the first year but with over a month now of issues I feel a free month or two of subscription may go a long way.

Craig-S
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi

It is very frustrating. I’ve also upgraded to the “PVR” service and paid upfront for the year. Got to say after the amount of teething problems I’ve encountered I’m beginning to lose faith. Hoping JamesC comes back with a resolution.

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have been pleased with arlo ultra until today. I get notified but no pic or anything in library. It started today and I've not changed any settings.
VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice
Update:
I think I found the problem, I lost internet over night and when I got up this morning the net was working again. A power cycle on the hub seems to have fixed the issue. Maybe the hub didn't like losing internet and reconnecting with out a power cycle???
Russ3ll
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue.

Jjs070470
Aspirant
Aspirant
Crazy thing is that it is only happening with the Ultra cameras. I have to Pro 3 cameras connected to Arlo Hub and the video from those show up in the library right away. The Ultra camera videos do not and I am subscribed to PVR service. Definitely an issue with Ultra and probably PVR.
Craig-S
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello JamesC

Do you have an update regarding this ongoing issue?

Cheers

Jason

Xquzme
Tutor
Tutor

Ditto.  Any updates?

Craig-S
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello JamesC

Do you have any update on this problem?

Discussion stats