Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 4K granted user can’t view local 4K stream.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Klamni88
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have granted users administrative permissions and they are within my house hold. They cannot live view locally in 4K at all. They can only view the uploaded to the cloud videos which are sent in 4K.

Please help.
6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Klamni88 wrote:
I have granted users administrative permissions and they are within my house hold. They cannot live view locally in 4K at all. They can only view the uploaded to the cloud videos which are sent in 4K.

If you disable 4K livestreaming, can they livestream successfully at 1080p?

What devices are they using?

Klamni88
Aspirant
Aspirant
They can stream or local view in 1080p without a problem, but local 4K is only available to the main user account.

I understand NetGear may want to limit 4K live streaming to granted users due to bandwidth, but local 4K has no affect on NetGear servers thus the limitations on granted users is pointless.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Klamni88 wrote:

I understand NetGear ...

FWIW, Netgear divested Arlo in 2018.

@Klamni88 wrote:
They can stream or local view in 1080p without a problem, but local 4K is only available to the main user account.

That seems odd - have they allowed the app to use the wifi connection?  (and of course they need to be connected to the wifi network).

Klamni88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yea they are on the same WIFI.
In fact I’m checking on several devices I own as well, adding them as granted user, local 4K does not work, it only does for the MAIN user.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Klamni88 wrote:
Yea they are on the same WIFI.
In fact I’m checking on several devices I own as well, adding them as granted user, local 4K does not work, it only does for the MAIN user.

To clarify this - are you getting nothing at all when you livestream from the friend account?  Or is it streaming at 1080p?

Klamni88
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I live-stream OR local livestream from a GRANTED account, I can only see 1080p.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation