Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jimsterjjjjj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I continue to have intermittent, missed and late recordings when motion is present, despite numerous calls and recommendations from Arlo Tech Support.  The Arlo mantra is move the Smart Hub closer to cameras.  Cameras are within 60 feet with normal construction between Hub and cameras - any closer and the cameras would be adjacent to each other giving surveillance to only a small area.  Is there a defect in the design?  Any real and effective fixes?

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What does the signal level show/ how many bars ?

Have you adjusted the sense level in the mode ?

If you tell us what you've tried, maybe we can help with a better answer.

The only issue I've seen with the Ultra was when first installed.... I had the Smart hub within 2 ft of my main router and was getting interference between the two... after getting a 15ft cable I moved it more than 10 ft away and all problems solved.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jimsterjjjjj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cameras have 2 or 3 bar strength signals.  Arlo recommended adjusting setting adjustments which I did.  I did hear from a Best Buy that the Spectrum may need to be upgraded.  Cost to repair may run upto $500.  For hardwired cameras (Alibi) and DVR system the cost would be ~$1K.  Any thoughts here?

jimsterjjjjj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Meant to say Spectrum cable company router was possibly the problem - upload is 11 mbps and download 100.

jimsterjjjjj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry to piece meal -  Arlo's latest recommendation was to do a system reset (paperclip inserted into back of Hub).  That was a mistake and now I was told to take all cameras down and reset them by placing next to the Hub and going through a number of screens.  Keep in mind I am elderly and there is snow out there!  LOL

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can usually (depending on signal strength) sync the cameras without taking them down. If you have to resort to pressing the camera sync button, you can (usually) leave them in place and press it while it's mounted. I've done this numerous times.

However, if you've already pressed and held the reset button until the LED starts flashing amber, you also should remove all devices in Settings, My Devices to make a fresh start. Claim the hub normally and then try syncing the cameras in place.

jimsterjjjjj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Guru, as instructed by Arlo Tech Support, I pressed & held (with paperclip) the reset button on back of Smart Hub.  I guess I'm left with complete restart of system.  Correct?  This involves accessing each camera, pulling out the camera, pushing the sync button on the bottom of the camera, and following screen directions on line.  Then doing this for each camera (4).  Correct?  Issue is moving, setting up, moving ladders camera to camera?  (Much labor plus my age, 73, plus snow.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jimsterjjjjj wrote:

I guess I'm left with complete restart of system.  Correct?  This involves accessing each camera, pulling out the camera, pushing the sync button on the bottom of the camera, and following screen directions on line.  

Not always.  The last couple of times I've reset my smarthub, it gave me a prompt showing all the previously connected cameras, and let me add them back without resyncing them.   Though it might not always do this, and it might depend on the base station you have.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation