Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dj3w3ll1
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC & Arlo App Dev Team

Ever since updating to the Arlo New App Version 2.9, things like Geofencing have worked great. However there are a few issues I would like for your team to still address.

So on September 20th Apple released three new iPhones and my wife and I upgraded. Now it seems the New Arlo App 2.9 thinks we have 4 devices listed under the Geofencing Rules. It now shows my old iPhone XS Max, and now my new iPhone Pro Max, and it shows my wife’s old iPhone 6 and her new iPhone 11. My 2 duplicated devices are both named “D’s iPhone” and both her two duplicated devices are named “K’s iPhone.” We should only have 2 devices listed, not 4. I have contacted Arlo Support about this this morning and it seems this is a known issue, and you cannot delete older devices that were once associated or logged into your Arlo Account, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Here is a thread that has dated back to 2+ years ago with still no resolve regulating this:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Features/Arlo-Pro-Geofencing-duplicate-device/td-p/1202931

Also, it seems the Arlo 2-Step Verification will not allow me to add or “Trust” my new devices. I have tired everything. Still nothing works.

Is it possible to remove 2-Step Verification from our Accounts? No just disable it, but remove it entirely like I have never turned it on before?

Please let me know if these issues will be addressed.

Best,

D
1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating these issues.

When disabling Two-Step Verification, your mobile app should behave as though it was never set up. If you do not want to use Two-Step Verification, you would need to toggle this off from Settings > Profile > Login Settings > Two-Step Verification

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation