Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Anyone else not alerted during break-in attempt because the app logged out?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sinnamarato
Aspirant
Aspirant

The subject pretty says it all.  Some weeks back, someone tried to break into my house while I was at work and teenagers were home sleeping.   I got no notification on my phone that someone was trying pry open my front door in direct view of an Arlo camera simply because the app has a built-in "security" feature of logging you out randomly just in case you lose your phone or it gets stolen.  Even though you can easily log out the phone automatically by logging in on another device, the designers feel that your family and property and the intent of the product are not as important as this "security" feature.   Arlo support claims it only occurs during periods of activity but I've already had it log out while I was using it.  (yes, the password was reset and I'm the only one with password.)  

Fortunately, my oldest woke up and called the police.  Unfortunately, the people at Arlo don't understand why this logout feature is dangerous to families.

Anyone else not alerted when a break-in or vandalism was occurring because you didn't know Arlo decided to log you out.  Please share your story here. 

1 REPLY 1
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Didn't know about this. If it's true, then it's a serious issue. 

Another issue I have is that the cameras don't always pick up motion as the base station will occasionally go offline. This doesn't seem to be linked to the Internet not being available at the time. 

It'd be helpful to have access to logs to see when the base station is offline and if at all, but as usual, this kind of information isn't available to Arlo users. 

Also, with devices operating on the 5GHz band, it's law that they scan periodically for any radar and give priority to them. Does that mean that communication between the base station and Ultra 2 cameras is interrupted in such situations? 

One last issue I have is that you can't seem to be able to schedule motion alerts for between 23:59 and 0:00. It's either or. So, potentially, there's no recorded evidence for anything happening between the above times. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation