Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

After 3 customer support sessions that all appear to be reading from the same list and then sending it up, I recieved an e-mail report on my last session that didn't sound like there was any understanding of the issue.  I then replied with a written detailed report of the issue.  I have no idea (not having heard back) what may have been done, however for the last three days my notifications have been perfect, even if my phone has been asleep for two hours the notifications are no more than 10 - 20 seconds.  I'm curious if any other Android users have experienced an improvment, the app vers. hasn't changed so it would be something other.

11 REPLIES 11
Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

I'm actually having the opposite problem. In the last few days, I've started missing notifications. If I go into the app, I can see there are new videos, but it's just not notifying me, even delayed. But some of them come right through. And then some of them come through 20 minutes later. There's no consistency.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Now that is what I've always experienced and that is the action caused by the Android doze mode and why you experience the time variation   When a Android goes into doze only apps designed to disable doze long enough to send a notification will be able to.   Once in doze the time will depend on where it is at in the scheduled maint, cycle.  A maintenance cycle runs every 20 mins and then notifications will be sent.  If it has been 5 mins since the last cycle it will be 15 mins until your notifications arrive.  If it is 12 mins into the cycle, it will be 8 mins. until they arrive etc.  What worries me is I've seen but not verified that as a learning device it may extend that cycle say to 30 min.  I have been dealing with both Arlo and Samsung on this.  Fingers crossed mine keeps working.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a new Android app out today that may help.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks, had to run and check and it does say they've done some work on push notifications.  YEAH,  fingers crossed.  I've had mine with the "never sleep when plugged in" turned on  in developer options and keep it plugged in when not in my pocket.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

I have the new app, and I think that's when mine got worse, as far as notifications. 😞

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I came in front outside grinning because my notifications had worked perfect all day and ready to change my app rating. That's when I walked past 4 cameras and no notification but wait, I just used my phone it's not in sleep.  Ask the wife did your iphone work, yes, all 4 of them yes.  So here I am looking at a live screen for 8 mins before they came in.  Guess that rating change will be delayed.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

yup went out this evening and as of 4 p.m. notifications went from great to worse than before the new android app.  Now they don't come in even when I wake my phone.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

After notifications disappeared completely the first day of the new app it has now been working for 2 days without a hitch so I'm not sure what to think other than watch it for at least a week and hope.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Well it appears timely notifications are now working as they should and so I thank those who fixed the issue.  Don't know if it was the app, the cloud or where the doze issue was fixed since I dealt with at least 3 Arlo teams but as long as it 's working I'm happy.  Also got on the phone with a brother in MN having the same issue with his pro 2  and walked him through setting it up on his S10 settings  and his is working also, so two smiles.  Now if they just stop calling humming birds vehicles lol

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Mine was still happening as of this morning, but mostly on one of my cameras, so I swapped locations with another camera. Now I seem to be getting most notifications... on both the cameras, strangely.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Okay, never mind. It's still happening. I just saw a car pass my camera, I opened my Arlo webpage, and it said zero new videos. Opened the video library, and there's a new video. No notifications on my phone either.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation