Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Amazon Delay Arlo Ultra

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Here in the UK we are being advised by Amazon that delivery is now delayed until 01 March, I can cope as this will give Arlo time to fix some of the various bugs - just thought it was worth letting the community know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We typically have a phased rollout strategy for our new products, and for Arlo Ultra, interested consumers can currently visit retail outlets like Best Buy to purchase product in store. Knowing that Ultra is a leading technology product with a range of new innovations, we did extensive testing before deployment, as we do with all Arlo products. That said, after end-user sales began, we identified some performance challenges in specific user environments. As such, we have aggressively worked to release firmware updates to solve these challenges. As a result of the firmware updates, we are now seeing some positive feedback on the forums from users. Due to this early feedback, we opted to limit sales to Best Buy’s physical retail channel for now, allowing interested consumers to take advantage of in-store associate expertise.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jengio77
Guide
Guide

Tomorrow Arlo Ultra will by available in Amazon.com...

...any news about release date for Europe?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Amazon uk still stating 1 Mar and no other reseller at the moment.

jengio77
Guide
Guide
Surprise! Now Amazon USA show 17 March as release date! Delay for bugs fixing?
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Amazon quoting 1 April now for the UK
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Retired_Member wrote:
Amazon quoting 1 April now for the UK

An auspicious date!

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JustAnElf2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wow!  You're right.  I'm glad I waited another day or two before taking the plung.  I persoanlly have a need for 3 of these cameras.  However, I'm willing to wait for them to get it right before shipping any more.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We typically have a phased rollout strategy for our new products, and for Arlo Ultra, interested consumers can currently visit retail outlets like Best Buy to purchase product in store. Knowing that Ultra is a leading technology product with a range of new innovations, we did extensive testing before deployment, as we do with all Arlo products. That said, after end-user sales began, we identified some performance challenges in specific user environments. As such, we have aggressively worked to release firmware updates to solve these challenges. As a result of the firmware updates, we are now seeing some positive feedback on the forums from users. Due to this early feedback, we opted to limit sales to Best Buy’s physical retail channel for now, allowing interested consumers to take advantage of in-store associate expertise.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation