Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Am I being filmed?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MB1971
Aspirant
Aspirant
The support from Arlo has been non-existent. So inept that I feel I being punked. As if someone was pranking me. Like I’m in the Truman Show, and everyone is watching my frustrating reaction to Arlos’s non-existent customer service
5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi MB1971,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

MB1971
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think it would be better if Arlo’s tech support was a bit more up front. Like when you’re on hold, the recording should say something like. Someone will be will you shortly. They will be nice and listen to what your problem is. They will say that they will contact you within two days, and address your problem. They may even ask you for your phone number in case you get disconnected from them. Then ...they will do absolutely nothing.
If this happens you, then we suggest you call back and start all over with another tech support person that will do the same exact thing.

MB1971
Aspirant
Aspirant
Had same issues. They simply give you the impression they will take care of it, and will call you in 2 days. They don’t follow through at all. Then you start over again with a new person, repeating all the same info, knowing this person will eventually do nothing to help with a problem, that they are at fault for. Nice product, but for me ZERO support
MB1971
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why bother?  Is arlo serious with their text sending 2nd verification.  What are they verifying.  Do they just want to keep track of my customer support requests that they do nothing about.  I think I'd be a fool to go on with arlo.  I'll send back my ultras and go back to a hikvision or geovision system.  To me, Arlo has been nothing but insulting.  Time after time telling me they will take care of something and how they are escalating it to the next level.  I have been told this so many times, that I must assume the first level was simply a rock. 

My last post received this:

"Thanks for the PM back and providing your contact info. I've escalated your case to the team and they should be reaching out to you via phone call with the callback number and time you provided after they finish reviewing your case."

I sent my info, and, as usual, have not heard back.

MB1971
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m done. Finished with Arlo. In my opinion an awfully run company that’s negligent when it comes to following up on a problem that they admit they caused. What good is a product when you’re given zero support.
I will go back to dependable geovision and hikvision. They send private messages alluding to them wanting to address the problem. ...but nothing is done. At the most they tell me my case is going to another level. In my opinion the system is great if you want to see what your cat does when you’re not home, anything more than that, forget it.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation