Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alarm feature scheduler separate from the Camera scheduler.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jjkeebler
Guide
Guide

It would be helpful to have an alarm scheduler, separate from the camera scheduler.  

On all camera models/base stations

---

My cameras are on 24x7

I only want the alarm on from 12:00am till 4:00am, or some similar but separate schedule.

6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master
It is possible to achieve this with the existing schedule. Create a custom mode to trigger all cameras with the siren and schedule it from midnight to 0359am then schedule the armed mode for 4am to 1159pm.

Edit:
jjkeebler
Guide
Guide

Hi, thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately that process with the Scheduler does not work.  Or at least it does not work well.  For some reason with my Arlo system I have to use the basic Arm mode.  If I add Custom Modes and Schedules the hardware does not seem to have enough horsepower to do that and capture the HD video properly.  I have three different base-stations and they all have the same processing problem.  Looks like this needs to be a new Feature enhancement.

---

Need a separate feature that allows the Alarm to be scheduled, based on motion, separate from the current scheduler.  In my situation, I need the alarm to be turned on between 12:00am till 5:00am on Friday through Sunday.  And other system needs the alarm turned on between 3:00am - 6:30am Wednesday, Friday through Sunday.  They will all be capturing HD video 24x7.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jjkeebler wrote:

For some reason with my Arlo system I have to use the basic Arm mode.  If I add Custom Modes and Schedules the hardware does not seem to have enough horsepower to do that and capture the HD video properly.  

That is very unusual.  If your base stations are under warranty, then you should contact support using the options in the app.

I suggest creating the custom modes you'd need for the schedule first, and then try them out for long enough to see if they are working ok (without actually scheduling them).  In your case, it looks like the modes would be identical to Armed, except the notification step would be missing.

@jjkeebler wrote:

In my situation, I need the alarm to be turned on between 12:00am till 5:00am on Friday through Sunday.  And other system needs the alarm turned on between 3:00am - 6:30am Wednesday, Friday through Sunday.  They will all be capturing HD video 24x7.

When you say "system" do you mean "base"?  Or are you talking about cameras?

jjkeebler
Guide
Guide

Hi Steve,  was working with the 2nd Tier team for months.  A lot of very positive changes/updates happened when RAM was  working there with the Engineering Team.  No leads now pushing updates/changes through.

If you put the cameras in low resolution mode and least sensitive, they the base-station can handle more tasks.  I have the cameras set on the highest resolution and the most sensitivity.  The base-stations can barely keep up.   I live in the City and there are a lot of false triggers, but if you lower the sensitivity or resolution, then the cameras "always" miss when a crime occurs. always.  At the most sensitive they capture between 80-90% of the problem events.  Not 100%.

Anyway, I've posted what the solution to my particular problem is... a separate scheduler for Alarms.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not the base station. I have always had many cameras connected on a wide variety of bases and SmartHubs and all have been on best quality. A possible issue could be how many are streaming at once vs. upload speeds.

I currently have 9 cameras connected to my VMB5000, ranging from a single Pro to various Pro 3 and Ultra cameras. Perhaps you just have a faulty hub.

jjkeebler
Guide
Guide

Hi jguedat,

That is great that you can have so many devices connected to one base-station.

That did not work for me, as I mentioned the base-station is definitely heavily loaded and for me is problematic.  Not sure if environment is a factor, I live in the City and a high density of WiFi in the area.  That being said, my network is definitely not an issue... I have Gigabit WiFi (6E, 6AXE) and for the WAN I run 300/300 with very low latency.  

I get about 300-800 alerts a day in the City.  All HD videos.   While your experience may be different, and that is great, it is not good to indicate that your system is typical.  If you read the postings on both Arlo/here and on Facebook you'll find my situation about base-station performance/loading is more typical.  I have (1) Ultra2, (2) Ultras, (3) Pro2 and I had to go to (3) base-stations to run those cameras and still have "usable" HD Videos and also capture about 80-90% of events in-range.

*** Anyway, we are off topic, I am requesting a new Feature Enhancement for the Arlo Base-Stations/Camera.   I am not looking for debugging assistance, thank you though for your suggestions.  ***

[ My neighborhood use to be one of the better neighborhoods in the City.  Unfortunately, it is now in serious decline... and hence the reason for the expensive cameras and the requirement for the capture of events and HD video.  So far, my home has been broken into, my car window was shot out, and now a house on the street has become a drug house...  Cites are deteriorating, sad times we live in ]. Having a working an capable home security system is the only assistance that helps the local PD resolve these problem/issue points.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation