Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CherM
Tutor
Tutor

I can get out of my car hang up my coat. Start to unpack and then hear the chime notifying me that someone came in the area of my camera. And heaven forbid you want to watch a live feed to see why your dogs are barking. Foolishly I just tried to watch a live feed because they were barking it circled and circled and circled and then stopped. This has been ongoing for 3 years. My son has Google cameras and when I watched his house from here I could connect to them instantly and see who was there not so my arlos. I have disconnected all the cameras at various times from the base turn the base off turn the bass on reconnected and it still acts that way no matter what I have been told to do I just give up. My dogs are more reliable.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a signal strength/quality issue. If a camera works well, try swapping cameras around - that will prove whether it's the camera or location. Moving the hub for optimal signal may also be needed. Just placing things and expecting perfect  connections won't always work since each environment is different. Lots of things can be a problem - distance, signal quality/interference, house construction, etc. all gets in there.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Keep feeding the dog,  dogs do not suffer from video lag.

The problem is more common with arlo later series cameras especially the doorbells, the pro2 series cameras have between 2 to 5sec delay, what is yours?

CherM
Tutor
Tutor

I have the ultra. My son got them on sale when they first came out, about 3 or so years ago. I've reset taken stuff off and reinstalled but the same issues are still there. I just ignored them since I'm mostly home.

CherM
Tutor
Tutor

Idk what the lag is but I'm in the house before the chime goes off. If I have live feed up, my daughter can get to our back porch just as I am watching her get out of the car.

CherM
Tutor
Tutor

My base is almost dead center of all the cameras and signal strength is just fine for all the cameras. The furthest camera has never had a problem so far. The cameras have all been shuffled, I had them all down and reinstalled at 1 point while tech support was on the phone. I check all of that as I put each in place.

CherM
Tutor
Tutor

I'm waiting for a system that has all the bugs worked out. Even Google system has a problem with battery life. But it is more responsive.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation