Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding new user

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TMSArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

After accepting invite...the new user cannot see.the devices. They are treated like a new user and has to go through the setup process 

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The new arlo accounts are forced to use the new feed UI for the arlo app. This UI is not comparable with the older UI which has library. Check if both accounts are using the same interface.

To add is another issue where the granted user needs to accept using the correct method else it will show pending.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TMSArlo wrote:

After accepting invite...the new user cannot see.the devices. They are treated like a new user and has to go through the setup process 

There are two user interfaces in the current app - one shows "Feed" and "Dashboard" on the app screen, the other shows "Library".  (Yes, this is definitely weird...)

It sounds like your app is showing "Library" while theirs is showing "Feed".

If that is the situation, you need to force your app to use "Feed" too.  The way to do that is to go into "add device" and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  That will fail (since you don't have one), but the workflow will migrate your account to "Feed".  

Note there is no way to migrate back to "Library", and there are limitations/issues with the newer "Feed" interface.  One big limitation is that "Feed" has no custom modes.  Also, users have struggled with schedules and geofencing.

TMSArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi   that initially worked. I agree setting up schedules is painful.

Had it all working , but all cameras went offline. Tried everything, ended up deleting cameras and Controller and start from scratch.

O my sigon I can see everything but all other users, even after deleting on re inviting annot see the controller after accepting invite.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TMSArlo wrote:

O my signon I can see everything but all other users, even after deleting on re inviting annot see the controller after accepting invite.

Yes.  You can share the cameras, but not hubs.   Also, the other users don't have full access to the camera settings.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation