Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
alexi_p
Aspirant
Aspirant

Guys, I got a rock stable setup (knocking on wood) of 5000revision4 plus two Ultra H6 hardware and audio doorbell. Firmware/app updates - always all fine. 

Today I bought black Ultra H7 and decided to introduce it to the quorum 🙂

Basically I was sitting on another floor and could not add the camera - even with manually sync button press. Later when I moved right to the hub it finally added camera, but did not save the custom name I gave it - displayed it as serial number. Later on signal check it was still connecting to camera and asked to update the firmware to latest 1.70something - I agreed and later find out camera was offline.

Rebooting hub from app or reading camera gave the same result - after I let it sit for 15 minutes in another room app finally showed the feed from it - but I've noticed doorbell went out of sync for the moment.

Maybe its way too much of wifi clutter in my area? (Although house is at the very edge of neighborhood).  Any advises how to fight this or improve signal between arlos and avoid the cut outs? I don't want to mess with my currently stable setup 😞

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

alexi_p,

Elevating the SmartHub or relocating it closer to your cameras and away from any other WiFi devices (routers, SmartTVs, etc.) are ways to help alleviate interference issues. I would recommend first trying to elevate your SmartHub as this should be an easy test to see if you experience improved behavior.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation