Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Actions take on cameras attached to an ARLO Base

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Right now (I believe) that when you take an action on any camera that is attached to an ARLO base, all cameras are effected.

Mode:

- Arm or Disarm will take that action on all cameras attached to that base.

Settings:

- You can only reboot/restart the Base, but not the individual camera.  There are times when a given camera appears to be offline and you know its attached to the internet, so you want to reboot that camera.  You can only reboot the base.  True?

Additional item.  If there is a camera that you dont want to use for a while, the option right now is to turn it off.

But that still shows in the device settings (as disabled).  Is there a way (besides to REMOVE the device) to disable it and prevent it from showing on the DEVICE menu?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:

Right now (I believe) that when you take an action on any camera that is attached to an ARLO base, all cameras are effected.

Mode:

- Arm or Disarm will take that action on all cameras attached to that base.

You can create custom modes.  They still affect all cameras on the base, but they can arm some cameras and disarm others.

You can then schedule those modes if you like.  

@rdilauro wrote:

- You can only reboot/restart the Base, but not the individual camera.  There are times when a given camera appears to be offline and you know its attached to the internet, so you want to reboot that camera.  You can only reboot the base.  True?

True, and I often wish they would let you restart a camera.  But if the system thinks the camera is offline, then it can't do that (since being offline means that the camera won't get the reboot message).

@rdilauro wrote:

If there is a camera that you dont want to use for a while, the option right now is to turn it off.

But that still shows in the device settings (as disabled).  Is there a way (besides to REMOVE the device) to disable it and prevent it from showing on the DEVICE menu?

No, but you can move it to the bottom of the main screen.

rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary
Stephen,
I tried setting up Custom modes. I can do it by camera. But it seems that I can only do that for Motion, Id like to do that for Scheduling.
But I dont see that option and the document really doesnt explain if that can be done, just for Motion
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:
Stephen,
I tried setting up Custom modes. I can do it by camera. But it seems that I can only do that for Motion, Id like to do that for Scheduling.
But I dont see that option and the document really doesnt explain if that can be done, just for Motion

You schedule modes.  So once you've created the custom modes you enter them into the schedule. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation