Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ac power disconnected after 6 months of use

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Rwehner
Initiate
Initiate

Complete waste of money! Ac power disconnected (have wireless cameras) after 6 months of use with no issues so now it doesnt record videos. Save your money you will thank me later... worst system on the market. Costco sells it, that says enough!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Rwehner wrote:
Im not even sure since I have wireless cameras. I will get an alert for motion and go and check the clip and its not in the library an error pops up saying ac power is disconnected.

OK. I get it now.

This is nothing to do with the power to your camera. It is down to your settings and the rules that you have created. Some features need permanent power to the camera. Without it, you can't use those functions. This is just Arlo's opaque alert message.

Things like "zones", for example, sometimes need a paid up subscription. They will also work without a subscription but only if you have permanent power to the camera.

@Rwehner wrote:
IClass action lawsuit may get arlos attention though seeing how many others are having this issue.....

Good luck on that one. The system is working as designed, you just don't understand the messages that you see. Not your fault if Arlo provides bad descriptions.

Where do you see these message about people with this issue? Maybe they are equally confused.

It is hard to know what is going on at your end. Your "footer" says VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera but you have posted in the section for Ultra cameras. These are very different animals.

Before you rush off to your lawyers, you might like to check the documentation for your Arlo stuff, whatever that is.

Get your manual here:

Arlo - Security Cameras and Systems

You can also ask Arlo for official support.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Rwehner wrote:

Complete waste of money! Ac power disconnected (have wireless cameras) after 6 months of use with no issues so now it doesnt record videos.

It is still under warranty.

But what does "Ac power disconnected mean"?

Your power supply failed?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Rwehner
Initiate
Initiate
Im not even sure since I have wireless cameras. I will get an alert for motion and go and check the clip and its not in the library an error pops up saying ac power is disconnected. Class action lawsuit may get arlos attention though seeing how many others are having this issue.....
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Rwehner wrote:
Im not even sure since I have wireless cameras. I will get an alert for motion and go and check the clip and its not in the library an error pops up saying ac power is disconnected.

OK. I get it now.

This is nothing to do with the power to your camera. It is down to your settings and the rules that you have created. Some features need permanent power to the camera. Without it, you can't use those functions. This is just Arlo's opaque alert message.

Things like "zones", for example, sometimes need a paid up subscription. They will also work without a subscription but only if you have permanent power to the camera.

@Rwehner wrote:
IClass action lawsuit may get arlos attention though seeing how many others are having this issue.....

Good luck on that one. The system is working as designed, you just don't understand the messages that you see. Not your fault if Arlo provides bad descriptions.

Where do you see these message about people with this issue? Maybe they are equally confused.

It is hard to know what is going on at your end. Your "footer" says VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera but you have posted in the section for Ultra cameras. These are very different animals.

Before you rush off to your lawyers, you might like to check the documentation for your Arlo stuff, whatever that is.

Get your manual here:

Arlo - Security Cameras and Systems

You can also ask Arlo for official support.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation