Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Ultra 4k Streaming Audio issues

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ChadWes
Tutor
Tutor

Just purcahsed an Arlo Ultra and having some issues. For my outside cameras while I am streaming in 4k my audio is very choppy. My inside camera Audio is normal on 4k . Once i take 4k live streaming off my audio is perfect on my outside cameras. I ruled out my router interference because its working on 1080P and my inside camera isn' t showing any signs of this on 4k. I turned on the reduce wind noise and that didnt help at all. Looking for some recommendations to fix this issue.  I have attached a clip.            https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aj21Luo_rfEBgQEs2yEOyEgFvIAI

Just some notes... My base station is right inside the house where the clip is being played. 

I have a Orbi AC3000 router 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in the most recent firmware update for Arlo Ultra.

Please be sure your camera is up to date with the latest version and take a look at the release notes here: Arlo Ultra VMC5040 - 1.070.41.5_156_3372fbf - 29th August 2019

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ChadWes,

The camera shown looks like it doesn't have maximum signal strength. This could be the cause of the issue. As a test, try the camera in a different location and see if you still experience the same behavior,

JamesC

Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
Signal strength is not the issue!

The issue is the recent firmware update 1.070.41.1_80_9996bd9

My cameras and hub have been in the same spot from the first day of purchase months ago, the audio was fine before the firmware update and now after the new update everyone is having the same problems with choppy audio.

@JamesC
You need to release a fix via a new firmware update to resolve the problem, otherwise more and more people will come forward with audio problems.
ChadWes
Tutor
Tutor

Did you take a look at my clip? Im curious if you are having the same issues.

ChadWes
Tutor
Tutor

Im still having the same problems with moving the camera to different locations 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in the most recent firmware update for Arlo Ultra.

Please be sure your camera is up to date with the latest version and take a look at the release notes here: Arlo Ultra VMC5040 - 1.070.41.5_156_3372fbf - 29th August 2019

JamesC

Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
Audio has been fixed for the most part with the new ultra firmware update, I still get that noise in the above video on some occasions though.

Could be the newest Smart Hub update causing it.

Edit: It seems on the first connect to live stream it does that noise, if I end the stream and reconnect, the noise is gone. Must be something Wifi related all though I have never had full bars only ever 2 bars, I have strong wifi and internet.
Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
My comment is gone?

Was just saying that the first time I load live view the same noise happens, but when I exit and reload it disappears. Probably an issue with the last Smart Hub update. The new Ultra update fixed all other audio issues I had.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation