Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DG58
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have only placed 1 ULTRA camera so far—I have the three camera system— and I have been using it for about 10 days, however during the last 2 days it has twice stopped any live feed and randomly takes stills only when it does sense motion. The first time I brought it to the hub and it started working but today I had to "remove the device", reboot the hub and add the device again. This worked but it is very unsatisfactory as if I'm overseas or interstate I will be unable to effect this fix. All firmware is updated and my trusty iPhone 6s is running iOS 12.2. I'll set the other cameras up tomorrow but I'm not overly confident that this system will be reliable enough to warrant the premium price. I purchased a Pro2 system for my son and had no issues with it. It actually seems the problem is in the video between the camera and hub but I'll leave that to the experts. Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DG58,

When you say it "only takes stills when it does sense motion" can you give more detail surrounding that? Does the recording show the correct length, just a frozen image? What do you mean by that specifically?

JamesC

DG58
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no video and the timer just indicates 00:00.

It didn't seem to be detecting motion eveytime either and would only display a 'momentary' image. When usinf LIVE it would merely go into "connecting" mode and not actually connect.

The last time it required a full reboot.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DG58,

This sounds like a symptom of poor signal strength. Try setting up your other cameras in different locations, ensuring good signal strength shown on the signal icon on the app and see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

DG58
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

The camera worked flawlessly for about 1 week before it had its first problem. I was even getting images on my Apple Watch...funky.

After the reboot the system indicated that the connection was strong (the same as the first time I made the connection) and after placement the APP indicated 2 bars of signal strength.

The camera is only about 10 mtetres away from the hub and only 1 internal and 1 external wall in between.

I hope this helps.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation