Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AC power disconnected. Activity zones disabled? What’s going on?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hemmer
Guide
Guide

What’s going on? I don’t have AC power, my cameras are battery operated.

The whole thing is a mess Arlo. 

I have the latest apps and the products are less than a year old. 

Why has this message appeared and how do I get rid of it?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hemmer wrote:

What’s going on? I don’t have AC power, my cameras are battery operated.

The whole thing is a mess Arlo. 

I have the latest apps and the products are less than a year old. 

Why has this message appeared and how do I get rid of it?

There are two types of activity zones - local and cloud.  Local require that the camera is powered.  Cloud are available when battery powered, but require a paid subscription.

So first confirm that you have a paid subscription and the camera is part of the subscription plan (look in "manage cameras" under subscription).  Some have reported that recent updates to the Arlo Cloud resulted in some of their camera being moved out of their subscription plan.  If that happened to you, just move them back.  If the trial subscription has expired, then you'll either need to renew it, or connect the camera to AC power.

But I have seen this message show up sometimes with my own Ultras over the past day or so (which are included in my subscription).  It comes and goes - but isn't shown at the moment.  If that's the behavior you are seeing, then I suggest ignoring it for now (or perhaps contacting support).

BJT_Ultra
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same issue, can't really 'ignore' it though as activity zones are disabled causing all sorts of alerts overnight.

Hemmer
Guide
Guide

Hi StephenB

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate your time and effort.

The message/alert has gone now. I tried rebooting the Ultra hub but the messages came back straight away. I ended up rebooting everything in the house; hubs, routers, washing machine etc. Everything that was connected to the modem including the modem was rebooted and that worked. Message gone.

I can’t say whether rebooting the Arlo hub a second time was the fix but I can say it didn’t work from the first reboot. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation