Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

512gb or 1TB microSD Arlo SmartHub Ultra

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
I see plenty of people with confirmed use of 256gb U3 Class10 microSD cards working in the Arlo SmartHub for the Ultra cameras...

Has anyone tried a 512 or 1TB card with confirmed success???

Just curious - I’ve just ordered a 2 pack of ultras to add to my other Arlo gear - and I want to get the largest SD card I can.... the Pro 2 base accepted a USB drive which goes up to 2TB and that was nice - and I’ll have 2 ultras and 5 pros on the SmartHub so I’ll need all the storage I can get!!!

Also - does anyone know when Arlo will update the firmware to allow for viewing of the video through the base/app without having to remove the drive?

I read somewhere that will eventually happen and hope it actually does!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't heard of anyone using that large a card. I would question whether it's needed - I have a 128GB card that's been installed since March and still has ~82GB left with 2 Ultra cameras and 2 Pro cameras recording at best quality for 30-60 seconds. If you're in a high traffic area it might make sense but many installations just don't need that much saved data.

The app/firmware update is loosely scheduled for by the end of the year. I would think maybe late Q3 or early Q4.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't heard of anyone using that large a card. I would question whether it's needed - I have a 128GB card that's been installed since March and still has ~82GB left with 2 Ultra cameras and 2 Pro cameras recording at best quality for 30-60 seconds. If you're in a high traffic area it might make sense but many installations just don't need that much saved data.

The app/firmware update is loosely scheduled for by the end of the year. I would think maybe late Q3 or early Q4.

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Perfect - sounds like 256Gb is more than enough then! Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m grabbing the Samsung EVO 256GB U3 Class10 card - hopefully it’s a winner with the base!

My cameras, mounts, power cables, and skins are all coming in Sunday. Looking forward to trying out the Ultras!
PPP-001
Guide
Guide

I have.512gb work perfectly on ultra.However,the size is not the problem,battery drain is much bigger problem even i install the official solar panel for ultra.In a single day , my battery drain from 52 down to 30 % ,solar panel only charge roughly 10 % a day.Now,i have to limit the recording period only in the late night time.T_T.(normally , if you use all 4 cam in your house and set it to ARM ,for me, i use about 4 gb per day for recording.(I live in town ,2 of my cams are in the front of my house which have so many people moving around all day and night)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's what zones and either Arlo Smart or AC power is for. Additionally, rotate the camera down to eliminate more of the busy parts of the view and concentrate on what's truly important. Post screenshots of the camera view for suggestion.

qureshibe
Star
Star

I'm using a 512GB memory card. 

But it has format issues. keeps asking for regular format every week.

I might try to use lower capacity memory card later. as this format request, every week is annoying.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation