Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Gavin_b
Tutor
Tutor
Anyone else having trouble when viewing live there 4k ain't working after the latest app update, been working fine since the update.
9 REPLIES 9
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Gavin_b wrote:
Anyone else having trouble when viewing live there 4k ain't working after the latest app update, been working fine since the update.

Android or IOS? Did you mean not working since last update? I haven't seen other reports of this. 

Gavin_b
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry its on android
It have been working fine, but have stopped after the latest update
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Gavin_b wrote:
Sorry its on android
It have been working fine, but have stopped after the latest update

There is a bug in the latest Android update effecting access to Local stored recordings that Arlo is aware of but not Live steaming. 

Gavin_b
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I've noticed that too
Seems strange that I've lost the 4k live aswell.
dcfox1
Master
Master

You can try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it or reboot the phone if you have not. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just responded to a Pro 3 complaint that 2k live viewing wasn't working. I was able to duplicate that but also tried my Ultras which are obviously in 4k for live view (no manual recording possible). Even though I can't duplicate the Ultra issue, I'd suggest raising the issue by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

KRiverBranch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I am having the same problems with live view  4k and 2k both. It stopped working abruptly and prior to the stop I rarely had trouble with live view.  I have one new Ultra2, 3 Ultras(1st gen) and 1 Pro3.  All of them stopped live viewing in 4K or 2K.  I am beyond frustrated.  I have tried everything that everyone pretty knows we all do.....get the cameras down....bring them into the house....take the batteries out....put them back in....reboot the phone....take the app off ...put the app back on....remove device from base..add device back on...it never ends. This time around, I have spent so many hours and days trying to figure this out that it is really sad.  I have a support ticket going I filed  end of last week and no answers to what the problem is and no solution as of today 7/27/21. I have investigated my router, my computers, my phone, wondered if I was hacked, (because I have the ability to record/take a snap-shot and that's only available on the app if you are using "cell" and not connected to your home wifi and yet I was connected to home wifi according to my phone???) I don't know....the frustration is getting to be too much.  I can't take the not knowing if the system is gonna work from one day to the next. Oh and one more thing....I have the newest subscription with the most benefits and still it won't work!  VMC5040, VMC4040P 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try updating to the latest version of the Arlo app v 3.5.2 and test again.

Gavin_b
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you
Just updated the app and working fine again.
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation