Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
PhylumT
Apprentice
Apprentice
One of my cameras now will not charge past 4% regardless of how long I attempt to charge it. Since Arlo decided to remove the user from being able to supply batteries I now have a paperweight.

Please do not buy this garbage. The poor support, poor connections, is NOT high quality video, poor range, misidentified people or pets, activity zones don’t work and now essentially a $250 loss.

Oh and they severely limit the labels to make posts hard to find.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PhylumT
Apprentice
Apprentice
I got a replacement cable sent from Arlo, unlike the cable which I got when I bought my set that seems to do 1-2% an hour at most this new cable fully charged from 4% to 100% in a few hours. It appears it was a defective cable, and the support I got to solve this is greatly appreciated. Though I still have other issues, the charging one appears to be solved.

I ordered an Arlo charge base station and Arlo extra battery from amazon for my ultra.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PhylumT,

When you attach a charger to the camera do you see the lightning bolt on the battery indicating a charge?

You seem to indicate that you have more than one camera, I would imagine you've confirmed the charger charges the others and the battery will not charge in a different camera (same behavior)?

JamesC

PhylumT
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi, the camera flashes a blue light on attaching to charge cord, I attached another camera to the same charger and it charged, put this camera back and from last night shows 4%. On devices list it shows the charge lighting bolt and 4%, was showing 2% when I attached it.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PhylumT,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

PhylumT
Apprentice
Apprentice
All my batteries are now starting to fail. I had one on the charger on yesterday evening and this morning it was 11% charged. Another 20% and it seems stuck there, a third. Charged multiple times and it’s finally 50%. Something is seriously wrong here. Yes I’ve checked the outlets same outlets I always use for charging our cell phones or other things just fine, also checked to see if the connection wire was good it appears to be, they also indicated they are charging.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect it's the charger or cable itself. Use a different charger that has the same voltage and current ratings to see if there's a difference.

PhylumT
Apprentice
Apprentice
Maybe? I checked the cable it looks good, devices say they are charging. The charging cable is specific to the set so I can’t use just any cable.
PhylumT
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just ordered the charging station and another battery.
catemp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Pavora chargers and cables work well from Amazon. Good luck with customer support. You'll need it.
PhylumT
Apprentice
Apprentice
I got a replacement cable sent from Arlo, unlike the cable which I got when I bought my set that seems to do 1-2% an hour at most this new cable fully charged from 4% to 100% in a few hours. It appears it was a defective cable, and the support I got to solve this is greatly appreciated. Though I still have other issues, the charging one appears to be solved.

I ordered an Arlo charge base station and Arlo extra battery from amazon for my ultra.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As an aside, I recently charged an outdoor Ultra with the regular charger/cable using a long extension to plug it in. When first connecting, it had issues. After wiping the connector on the bottom of the camera and wiggling the magnetic connector from the charger, it made a good connection and charged normally. Check for crap (technical term) on the connectors if having problems.

PhylumT
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ve always charged inside, connection was strong and everything is clean. I checked for that originally. Was weird because I fully charged a camera then put on another and the issue happened.
waynelee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an open case # 40898348 battery drained fast and dead cannot recharge.

Updated with serial number and still dont see any response or replacement sent???

catemp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yup. It generally happens that way.
Hummerlu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brought one of my cameras in to charge, it was at 17% power.  Charged it for approximately 3 hours.  Assuming it was charged put it back in place but it would not connect and showed no battery life.  Have now had it on the charger for 24 hours and it still shows no battery life, not even the battery symbol.  I had just charged the other camera a few days before so I doubt its the charger cable.  The cameras have been in place since Christmas. Seems like a very short period of time for a battery to go bad and it has been charging fine until this point and holding their charge.  Confusing???

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the charger and cable work on another camera. Swap batteries between cameras to determine if it's the camera or battery.

Stuff happens - that's why there's a warranty. Invoke it by opening a case with support.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

PhylumT
Apprentice
Apprentice
As I found out, there was an issue with my new cable (indoor) it failed though it looked to be in perfect condition. They sent me a new “outdoor” camera charging cable, though it looks the same really visually. I would ask for a new cable.
Hummerlu
Aspirant
Aspirant

The charging cord seems to charge my other camera.  As Guru suggested I swapped out the batteries to make sure it was not the camera and its definitely the battery.  I use my cameras as critter cams and that one runs alot.  I think I need to resign myself to getting a new battery.  Thanks

Hummerlu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did switch batteries and it definitely was the battery.  I did open a case as it's only been 6 months and seems so strange that the battery charged fine last time and now is deader than a doornail showing no charge at all.  Thank you for your help

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have a warranty - use it.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation